Lunker Plunker question

Roscoe

Lunker Plunker question

Post by Roscoe »

I just bought a lunker Plunker and I got 2 questions. Is it primarily a striper bait or a bass bait? I don't fish for striper but bought it thinking bass will crush it also. Second question is why do I notice some anglers take the middle hook out? Thanks for your input.
TritonBrent

Re: Lunker Plunker question

Post by TritonBrent »

Both! Large mouth will crush it as well as Stripers. I have caught multiple LM over 8lbs on em. As far as removing the middle hook, I dont. Goodluck
2833-34497

Post by 2833-34497 »

Good for both and I don't remove middle hook either.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

george

Post by george »

Hey Roscoe, The stripers will eat that thing big time! Just make sure that if your throwing it on the delta that you are using a minimum of 50lb plus braid; 65lb is best for me! We were fishing Franks last year and buddy of mine made three cast with brand new Punker on 20lb flouro gets eaten by a big striper, fish go's into the washing machine mode and cuts the line! There go's his new Punker with the lasting vision still stuck in my buddies head; he whined all day long and still cries when I laugh about it!
We have caught some giant stripers out on the delta with Punkers along with some big ol bucket mouths!
Throw it!

George