Navionics Difference btwn Platinum and Premium?

Morgan

Navionics Difference btwn Platinum and Premium?

Post by Morgan »

I am trying to decide between spending the extra $50 bucks for the Platinum, or just getting the Premium $150, but all the information on Navionics site is too general. I see that the both have the same number of lakes.

I am interested in the 3D bottom features on the Platinum but I don't think it's on all the lakes listed, and they don't show which ones. They show some having HD, and I think that means 1 foot contours? I would like the 3D as it seem to maybe be better to see/interpret as I need readers to see the depth numbers on the charts as I'm driving around

I went to a store today to buy, but looking at the printed brochure, it showed there are 2 Platinum, splitting California? One looked like it was Bakersfield north, and the other Oroville South????? So I am even more confused...

Of the lakes shown, I fish Clear lake HD, Cammanche, San Joaquin east HD and west HD (which I believe is the Delta?), Don Pedro HD, Eastman, Hensley, Kaweah HD, Mcclure, Millerton HD, New Melones HD, Pine Flat, Success HD, all for bass.

Then to top it all, they have a Platinum+ which I believe is for ocean????

PLEASE HELP?????

Morgan
Newbassfisherman

Re: Navionics Difference btwn Platinum and Premium?

Post by Newbassfisherman »

I am in the same boat as you and the options are really confusing to me. I did find the attached comparision that provides some details I am still very confused as what the best map is for me, if I mostly fish the delta and occasional clearlake 95 percent of the time.
rickyshabazz

Re: Navionics Difference btwn Platinum and Premium?

Post by rickyshabazz »

I would suggest the Platinum card for the best mapping and data overlay.
Platinum+ offers features such as 3D and Satellite Overlay, Panoramic Port Pictures, dynamic Tides & Currents and much more!

This video should answer your questions
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XswT674jMYQ
The Wanabepro