Thanks Hi's Tackle

m.nichelini

Thanks Hi's Tackle

Post by m.nichelini »

My team partner Carl Keller and I decided to take a little road trip The other day when it was raining. We decided to go to Hi's Tackle located in South San Francisco. We had never been there before, and wanted to check out the store. When we got there we were met by a very courteous and very knowledgeable staff. I have honestly never been into a tackle store where the staff was so knowledgeable about their business.

Carl and I spent a couple hours in their store. We were very surprised with the inventory in the store. They had everything imaginable and a lot of really cool baits that I had never seen before. I am very sure I could've spent another two hours going through whatever I missed the first time!

We were able to speak with Dean about fishing line and electronics. It is very obvious that he is spent all of his life researching and using the products that he's talking about. I don't think I have met anybody as knowledgeable about fishing, and the products as Dean is. He was very honest and upfront about everything, and didn't hold anything back.

Also we were able to speak with Jeff about a lot of the techniques and baits that they were selling. He answered our countless questions about many different baits,that man has a lot of patients. You could tell he enjoyed talking about the product just as much as we did. Jeff also turned us onto a few new techniques that I have tried recently and he was right on!

We spoke with Jonah and Michelle about the rods and reels they have in their store. They have really done their homework on the latest products that are out now. We were able to touch and feel the newest product that is out now. They really made me think, and really helped me dial-in with the product that suits my style of fishing.

I left their having learned many things. I feel that the support they have to offer will be there for a very long time, at any time all I have to do is pick up the phone and call and any question that I have will be answered completely and accurately, or they will do the research to find the correct answer.

Thanks again to Hi's Tackle for such a great experience.

Sincerely, Mike Nichelini
phatbass

Re: Thanks Hi's Tackle

Post by phatbass »

I have always had great shopping experiences there and the crew was always super helpful. The only thing I miss about living in San Mateo is how close it was Hi's Tackle. It's a class act shop with a great staff.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

If you guys really value Hi's Tackle, be sure and shop there.
Down here in SoCal, our version of Hi's was J&T Tackle. I say was, because, once Casitas closed, they struggled and finally went belly up.
So spend some money there, along with your time.
If you can't make to the store itself, shop there online.
I've never been there, or met or spoken to anyone from there, but I knew the people at J&T, and what happened to them was a shame.
Don't let it happen to Hi's. Mom and Pop stores are the soul of a community.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
trevorvandam

Post by trevorvandam »

His is an awsome place. My first time there was in January. The stores layout makes it look bada**. Dean Is a cool guy. I dont live close to the store myself, but i will try to make a visit anytime around that area.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Some of the best people and most knowledgeable people in NorCal.....Dan

www.histackleboxshop.com
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com