What colors do I use?

bassin510

What colors do I use?

Post by bassin510 »

Hi, can we make a thread and get some feed back from everyone fishing over here on the delta? I went out with my buddy eddy the other day and caught them on a robo worm the color was margarita mutilator. The biggest fish was a 3 1/2 pounder which is nothing to special to delta standards. We also used black and blue senkos and between us we caught about 18-20 fish, sadly he caught way more then I did. What colors are you guys throwing? What works better in the morning, middle of the day and evening? How do I piece this puzzle together better next time i go out?

water temp 57.5 - 60.5

water clarity - about 1 ft
Gene Buchholz

Re: What colors do I use?

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Your color selection is right on. Besides Mar. Mutilator add the MMIII. This time of year blk and blue is the most dominate you have pre spawn and post spawn fish going on. Another color is blk and red. Chatter baits in blk/red bll/blue are super, put a Yamamoto craw, and the new Yamamoto heart tail work good as trailors. As it worms up try a spinner bait I love a chart/white, chart/blue and one they call the monkey in half ounce with gold double willow blades. I could go on and on but i have caught some very large fish on these baits.
Hook Line & Sinker has them all including some exclusive baits only to them
bassin510

Post by bassin510 »

post spawn? So there are bass that have already spawned roaming around out there? i thought the water temps have to stay above 58 at night. I guess the shallower areas where it said it was 60 on my sonar bass have spawned there, i just cant picture it staying 60 at night but i guess it does. hmmm interesting. right on for the advice. Do you use scent on any of the baits you talked about?
scott h

Post by scott h »

bassin510 wrote:post spawn? So there are bass that have already spawned roaming around out there? i thought the water temps have to stay above 58 at night. I guess the shallower areas where it said it was 60 on my sonar bass have spawned there, i just cant picture it staying 60 at night but i guess it does. hmmm interesting. right on for the advice. Do you use scent on any of the baits you talked about?
Yes there are.the first wave, usually the bigger fish, with the weather we have been having there are absolutely fish that have already done their thing, the biggest majority have not, but it will happen all the way through June.
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Water Clarity really is key to color influences on the delta and the water clarity / color can change throughout the day. Example Low tide switch will clear up the water.

My standard rotations day in day out for plastics are:

Muddy - Black N Blue, Black Red, Witches T, PBJ

Stained Water - Brown Purple - MM3, Rythum and Blues, Indigo Purple, Bold Bluegill, Pumpkin Chartruse tail. Black Blue, Black Red, Green Pumpkin, Sexy Shad RI - Bloody Bug, PBJ

Clearer Water - Green Pumpkin, Green Pumpkin Xmas, MM, Rythum N Blues, Brown Purple, Hologram Shad, Sexy Shad, PBJ

Special considerations are primary forage times of year - dominate forage Crawdad, Bluegill or Shad and match colors for the forage. Crawdads tend to molt to that brighter red later in the summer some dads will be more of the Burnt Orange color. Blue gills with that blue or purple hue seems to be good triggers.

As you see that is a lot of color in the rotation but you can break it down to Green Pumpkin, a Purple N Brown, Black Blue, Blue Red and pretty much be covered on the basics.

Some days
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
bassin510

Post by bassin510 »

cool need to know the colors for the delta cause thats where im going to be fishin the most. thanks any other input i would appreciate greatly i've been serious black bass fishin for about a half a year now and need help. thanks Gene, Scott h, and Ash