Calling all delta rats, help a SoCal rat out!

Matt M.

Calling all delta rats, help a SoCal rat out!

Post by Matt M. »

Hey guys, I will be fishing in your hood April third to seventh. It will be my first time on the delta...yea I'm pretty stoked 8) I figure the fishing I can try to figure out on my own, and figure even a donkey like me can find a couple here or there that time of the year. What I really need is a campsite recommendation!!! I will be up there with a couple buddies and I just need a nice place to plug in the boat and throw down a tent. What recommendations do you guys have? I was hoping to stay relatively close to the good holes, but will run if it's worth it. Was looking at Eddo's or Vieras... Russo's would be cool but looking at the good map it doesnt look too camper friendly?? Help a brotha out!!!

Thanks!
Matt
ScottyJ

Re: Calling all delta rats, help a SoCal rat out!

Post by ScottyJ »

Russos is a great place and they can accommodate some campers so call them up. Plus you can leave ur boat parked in a slip. If not them try sugar barge which is down the road from Russos.
http://www.sugarbarge.com
"Jig fish are big fish"
M3AN Bass

Post by M3AN Bass »

Check out Piper Point. Camping and boat slips. The belly boat guys fish tourneys outta there. Good area, short boat run to many spots.

http://piperpointmarina.com/camping/
duckslut23

Post by duckslut23 »

B&W Resort. Cabins reasonably priced. Boat slips and gas dock. Nice people running the place.
scott h

Post by scott h »

Russo's is a perfect place to throw down a tent, nice grassy area below the levee with a big covered patio and picnic tables, can park your boat rite next to your tent or as said above put it in a slip, the porthole rite next door for a burger, a short ride to some smoking Mexican food. Give them a call (925)-684-2024.
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
basshol

Post by basshol »

Russo ' s or super barge you can't get any closer to Frank's track
surfk9

Post by surfk9 »

i've been staying at Brannan Island State Park....good clean sites.room to park your boat....nice/easy launch
about fees...i pay for camping (believe its $20-25 a night)....i've got a poppy pass for launch/daily parking...so not certain on those fees
be careful out there!!! HAVE FUN!!! Wear your PFD.....It could Save your Life
ElGuapo

Post by ElGuapo »

scott h wrote:Russo's is a perfect place to throw down a tent, nice grassy area below the levee with a big covered patio and picnic tables, can park your boat rite next to your tent or as said above put it in a slip, the porthole rite next door for a burger, a short ride to some smoking Mexican food. Give them a call (925)-684-2024.
More info on the Mexican food please! I'm parked at Russo's but was unaware of this.
scott h

Post by scott h »

La villa Mexican restaurant, on the left immediately after you go over the bridge onto the island......prices are good food is excellent.
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
Matt M.

Post by Matt M. »

Thanks guys, I'll be calling russos 8)
rickyshabazz

Post by rickyshabazz »

Do yourself a favor and get yourself a Navionics chart or start studying the web app of the delta here www.navionics.com it will help you get around and start learning areas.
The Wanabepro
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Ricky,
What is the difference between the Platinum+ and the Hot Maps Platinum maps?
I have an HB 997, and it is compatible for both, according to the link you posted.
I don't fish the salt, and am interested in CA lakes, and Havasu.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY