Abu Garcia "Ike" Rods - First Look

ttb31183

Abu Garcia "Ike" Rods - First Look

Post by ttb31183 »

Just got my first Mike Iaconelli signature rod and I am impressed. I don't know what I was expecting from purple rod that says "Never Give Up!" on it, but it has exceeded my expectations so far.

I probably picked the worst rod and the best rod at the same time when it comes to determining how light and sensitive these rods will be. My rod is a 7'10 MH heavy cranking rod and it is still very, very light. I'm sure the "normal" sized rods not meant for giant cranks are even lighter.

The rods come in two categories, the Power for your bottom bouncing techniques and the Delay series that is meant for reaction baits. That is what mine is and it was developed by Ike to have the perfect balance and taper for throwing treble hook baits. The one i have is rated for baits from 1/4oz all the way to 1oz and is built with 40% tip and 60% backbone for deep cranks.

I'm eager to get this on the water and see how it really performs.

Anyone else tried them?

EVA handles and flat sided butt section

Fuji reel seats
Tyler Brinks
WB Staff

Re: Abu Garcia "Ike" Rods - First Look

Post by WB Staff »

Saw this today also new coming from Abu...

Introducing the Ambassadeur Beast Reel. Available Sept. 2015.
Machined Aluminum Frame
6+1 HPCR™ bearings
Carbon Matrix™ Drag System
Gear ratio: 5.1:1
Made in Sweden
10447100_939832972726268_5100860356841683909_n[1].jpg
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

If you're busy admiring the labeling on your rod and reel, you're not fishing hard enough!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

It looks to me that the person who is admiring his rod has every right, if you look at the trophys on the wall behind him I bet he fishes hard. If I'm gonna spend my hard earned money on a rod I want one that I feel and think looks pretty cool but of course the feel has to be right also. Those Ike rods like pretty cool.
TRUFISH

Post by TRUFISH »

I do have a few of the new ike rods and have used them. they are nice looking and seem to be well built for the price, but the abu garica veracity rods are better for about the same price. I have spoke to a few of the elite guys that use them and they love em. I don't see any elite anglers using the ike rods, except ike. The veracity rods have alot of different models to choose from, even delay rods, which they call the wench series.