Save Badger Lake

ttb31183

Save Badger Lake

Post by ttb31183 »

There are many, many little hidden gems among the lakes in my area. One of these is a 215 acre lake called Badger Lake outside of Cheney. WA. I fish it as much as I can because it has giant bass in it. The problem is they are planning to kill it off because the state fish and game wants to make it trout only. As many of you know, stocking trout has a great effect on increasing the size of bass, and the state does not like this.

The traditional use for this lake was for a "put and take" fishery, where basically people just catch what is caught and the trout only bite when they stock it. They have killed the lake and started over several times (every ten years or so), but bass still end up getting in there. It may be that people are being "bucket biologists" or that they don't end up killing every single bass with their treatments and they come back. Either way, it is a tremendous bass fishery that the state does not want.

Here are a few examples of the bass in the lake. Fully healthy and they provide a great opportunity (just like trout do).
tb.jpg

They attempted to do this two years ago, but it didn't go through. Without getting too political with how it is being handled, they are proposing a new law/regulation that gives the state permission to treat the lake without having 100% of the support of homeowners for their water rights.

I have started a petition in hopes to stop this lake from being killed. If you are interested the survey link is here: http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/save-badger-lake
Tyler Brinks
mark poulson

Re: Save Badger Lake

Post by mark poulson »

Done.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
VJ

Re: Save Badger Lake

Post by VJ »

done and i shared it on FB
Nutechlures.com