Otters in the Delta?

Wolfeman

Otters in the Delta?

Post by Wolfeman »

I found a box of old fishing photos from back in the 80s. Lots of pics of a much younger and thinner group of bassfishing friends. :lol:
Got me to thinking about the Delta back then; back when there were three small islands in the middle of Holland Cut just north of Holland-Riverside Marina that are no longer there; not a trace of them.

I also thought about those cool times when we would see groups of otters Playing about in the sloughs. I haven't seen any otters for years. Anybody seen any? I wonder if the Delta water has become too salty for them?
Miss seeing those guys.

- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
Levy

Re: Otters in the Delta?

Post by Levy »

I usually am fishing the south, but I see otters on almost every trip.
Vernonn

Post by Vernonn »

They are everywhere!! Franks, and Disappointment. I don't like fishing around them, cause I don't seem to get bit when they are near.
alvyman

Post by alvyman »

How you been Rick?I don't see as many as before during the daylight hours.However,I see many more "signs" in my boathouse than ever before.They really love relieving themselves inside as well as finishing off their prey in solitude.It is a daily ritual to find their poop and left overs all over the boathouse floor.They also love to cozy up under the boat cover while the boat is on the lift.My wife and I hear them constantly in and around the place as we eat outside as well.Lately I have seen many more beavers than ever before as well.
DDG

Post by DDG »

I was fishing around holland in my kickboat and saw a whole family of them there were atleast 10 I got real close to them too it was cool!
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

Good to know they are still around. Guess I'm not paying enough attention. All I see is the occasional muskrat.
Maybe I need to get out more often. Yeah, that's the ticket. More fishing. 8)
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I saw Otters on the main San Joaquin just West of B&W. I also saw three sea lions, two on the main San Joaquin in between the tulle islands and one at the mouth of Franks - ugh
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I've seen lots of otters, including a pair who decided my dock was their resting/eating/pooping area.
I've also see sea lions in the middle river. I saw one today near the Columbia Cut.
Do they shut the fish down?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY