Fishing Tournament Fraud - Case and restitution pending

WB Staff

Fishing Tournament Fraud - Case and restitution pending

Post by WB Staff »

From Texas Game Wardens

Game Wardens working Lake Fork encountered a subject fishing a tournament who admitted to allegedly cutting the tail on a bass to make the overall fish length fall within the slot limit. This allegation constitutes fishing tournament fraud and is a Felony (TPW Code 66.023). Case and restitution pending. The winning prize was a truck and boat.
11937448_963087820416272_4834281469289491135_n[2].jpg
mark poulson

Re: Fishing Tournament Fraud - Case and restitution pending

Post by mark poulson »

I think a little trimming of the angler involved is in order. Maybe a vasectomy, or a circumcision? Hahaha
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Towin_Bass

Post by Towin_Bass »

At this point I feel cheating is getting pretty crazy no matter the case. Really at this point there has to be a better way than a polygraph or someone seeing a person break the rules. I think maybe the big opens and big year end events or hell tournaments with pay out of $10,000 or more should consider some kind of recording device be required. yes this would be expensive to anglers but having my money taken by a crook is way worse than having to put a go pro on your boat.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Towin_Bass wrote:At this point I feel cheating is getting pretty crazy no matter the case. Really at this point there has to be a better way than a polygraph or someone seeing a person break the rules. I think maybe the big opens and big year end events or hell tournaments with pay out of $10,000 or more should consider some kind of recording device be required. yes this would be expensive to anglers but having my money taken by a crook is way worse than having to put a go pro on your boat.
Given the number of boats involved in tournaments, I bet GoPro would cut a deal to tournament orgs. Imagine how many additional units they would sell, and how much publicity they would get, as in free advertising.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
g-man

Post by g-man »

Damn never seen that before, POS cheater..
100% LL