Who fished the first Hook on the 18th

StogieMan

Who fished the first Hook on the 18th

Post by StogieMan »

I had a commitment and could not make it.
I want to know who the TD was and how it went now that Gene is no longer involved?
Did the entry fee change?
Is the pay-out the same
Do they still have hot dogs?
I guess I want to know if it's the same or not?
mark poulson

Re: Who fished the first Hook on the 18th

Post by mark poulson »

What time will the staff be at Russo's for sign ups, before the launch?
What time will launch be, and check in?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Steve Moduno is the TD now

Here is the post he made with info from that event http://www.westernbass.com/forum/post55 ... ok#p550926

Their event info says this about the hotdogs:
The Hook, Line & Sinker bass tournament circuit is a low cost circuit for the amateur angler. The entry fee of $70 per team includes cash awards for the top 7 teams, plaques for the top 5 teams in each tournament and a hot dog BBQ after each tournament. At each tournament we also have a young angler raffle for our participants age 16 and under. A portion of the entry fee is also used to host the Tournament of Champions and tri-trip BBQ for the anglers at the end of each year. This is a great place to start if you want to fish professional tournaments or if you just want to have fun!
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

There are two major changes to the hook events based on the first event, which I don't think is going to change.
Entry:
$70 entry with 2 $15 options now.. All in is $100

Limit:
Changed from 7 fish to 5 fish limit. Done to allow an angler that needed to fish alone that event for some reason to still be able to be competitive. No more having to weigh in 5 fish as solo angler against 7 fish for all others teams. I think there is only a 1-2 event option for this.. You'll have to confirm in the rules.

Eligibility:
I think the current/prior years winnings went up, which will open the events up to some anglers that were not able to fish them before. Sorry, don't recall the number but know it was a jump from prior years.

I think everything else is pretty much the same.

Still have hot dogs, chips and drinks after weigh ins.

Had pretty good turn out for the first event.. Seemed to go pretty smooth which was good since Gene is no longer running them.. We all know he did a great job and it was like clock work, so it was good to see that the first one without his presence went well.. Unless I missed something.

I think all the new rules are up on the hook site under tournaments...
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
CoastieWess

Post by CoastieWess »

There was a change to payout as well. Previously they only paid out the top 7 teams. It is now based on a 1 and 5 ratio. For those that don't quite know or understand what that means they payout 1 spot per 5 entries. The first tournament we had 75 boats (75 devided by 5) so they paid out 15 spots and gave away prizes to spots 16-20.