Update on the program that killed sea lions preying on chrome fish

WB Staff

Update on the program that killed sea lions preying on chrome fish

Post by WB Staff »

Update on the program that killed sea lions preying on chrome fish.png
Willamette River Steelhead Numbers Up after Sea Lion Take

At one point on the brink of extinction, winter steelhead in the Upper Willamette River system continued to show improved numbers this season.

Wildlife managers said this year's run has been bolstered, for the second year in a row, by a program that killed sea lions preying on chrome fish near Willamette Falls.

A total of 4,760 winter steelhead have returned above Willamette Falls and spread into rivers including the North Santiam so far this year, with their projected numbers likely to reach 6,500, according to the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife.

That would be the highest number since 2012 and could indicate an encouraging rebound, ODFW biologist Sean Clements said. It's still well below historic numbers that often eclipsed 20,000 in the 1980s.

"It's definitely a hopeful sign that the run may be on the mend," Clements said.

Read the rest of the story in the Statesman-Journal here: https://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/ ... 945344001/
mark poulson

Re: Update on the program that killed sea lions preying on chrome fish

Post by mark poulson »

We need to do that here in CA.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
coyote268

Post by coyote268 »

Never happen, PETA would raise he-- and DFAW would cave in to them
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

coyote268 wrote:Never happen, PETA would raise he-- and DFAW would cave in to them
Don't they have PETA in Oregon?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

PETA is a Nationwide organization , full of young liberal lawyers with lots of time on their hands .
One time , I saw about 12 young women at a starbucks -- all wearing their PETA T-Shirts .
A couple of them were wearing shoes made of leather --- I asked them if they knew that they were wearing dead animals on their feet ----crickets .......
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

Robb R wrote:PETA is a Nationwide organization , full of young liberal lawyers with lots of time on their hands .
One time , I saw about 12 young women at a starbucks -- all wearing their PETA T-Shirts .
A couple of them were wearing shoes made of leather --- I asked them if they knew that they were wearing dead animals on their feet ----crickets .......
You Don’t have to lie.