USAC WRL Central Coast Grapevine Trail Press Release

Bobby T

USAC WRL Central Coast Grapevine Trail Press Release

Post by Bobby T »

Brentwood, CA – The U.S. Anglers Choice Western Rookie League is pleased to announce it is expanding and will be including a Grapevine trail for the 2012 WRL season

“The Western Rookie League is a low priced team tournament circuit that is designed for the beginning or intermediate level angler to hone their skills while competing in a tournament environment”, stated Bill Hutcheson, Director of Operations for U.S. Anglers Choice. “For an affordable entry fee of $100 per team, our anglers get to experience tournament style fishing without the worry of going up against professional level anglers competing for their cash”.

“I like the idea of the rookie league aspect of these events”, said Grapevine Trail director Bob Tull. “Anglers will have to meet the qualifying criteria in order to be allowed to participate and this will give folks who are new to the game a chance to come out and be competitive without being blown out of the water by local ringers”.

The Western Rookie League Grapevine trail will consists of six events with the season kicking off on January 22nd, 2012 at Lake Nacimiento. From there, the season's sophomore event will occur on February 26th at Santa Margarita Lake. The third tournament will find anglers gathering on the waters of San Antonio Lake on March 25th. Event #4 will be held on April 29th at Santa Margarita Lake. Lake Lopez on May 20th will be the site for the fifth event while the final tournament of the season will be staged on San Antonio Lake on June 2nd.

Basic entry fee for the events is $100 per team. Options, which are paid back 100% include a $10, $20, and $30 option. Big fish option is included in the basic entry fee. The depth these options pay down ia a function of how many teams enter the option pools. Teams will be able to accrue points during the course of the season to qualify for the year end Team Championships event at Lake Oroville on October 6-7th, 2012. In 2011 at Clear Lake, over $65,000 in cash and prizes were awarded at the Western Rookie League Team Championships event. :D

For full details on the U.S. Anglers Choice Western Rookie League events, log on to anglerschoice.com/wrl2012.htm where you will find the schedule for the entire AC/WRL circuit, rules, qualifying criteria, event dates, and event results. For specific information on the upcoming Grapevine AC/WRL trail, please contact tournament director Bob Tull at (805) 720-4097 or via e-mail at culuru@aol.com
Last edited by Bobby T on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bobby T

Re: WRL Central Coast Grapevine Tail Press Release

Post by Bobby T »

My Brother and I are very excited to be running the WRL Grapevine Trail this season. We will be having a professional style event set up with a drive up weigh in. We look forward to seeing some familiar faces and meeting some new teams. Nacimiento is a Great lake for the kick off of this trail as it should be pumping out some quality fish for the anglers.

It would be helpful to the Lake staff and myself if you could post or call me if you plan on attending or have any questions. The Lake staff would like to know in advance if possible how many boats will be there for the Tournament so they can schedule their staff accordingly and get us on the water as soon as possible. If you guys require coffee and donuts in the morning water and energy drinks for out on the Lake food and a raffle after the weigh in give me a call and let me know. I won't know what special items to bring without feed back. I am here to listen to the anglers and put on an event for you!!!

If you are planning on fishing all the scheduled events and would like to help out give me a call and we can discuss having you as staff members. We fished Tournaments and Staffed for many years be for becoming Tournament Directors. Help us put on a Great Event by letting us know you will be there and what your needs are!!!

We will be holding late sign ups at the first kiosk before the Main Gate of the Lake the morning of the Event.
805-720-4097 Bob Tull