Vault Wheel Bearings 10yrs. old Triton/Ranger

Rod Brown

Vault Wheel Bearings 10yrs. old Triton/Ranger

Post by Rod Brown »

Hey Guys,
I have a 2008 Triton trailer with the Vault wheel bearings that say then don't need to be touched for 10 years. They are fine but I don't want the bearings to go out. What are you Ranger/Triton owners doing with these wheel bearings? Do you have a special trailer shop you are taking them to?

Thanks, Rod
Bass boy dave

Re: Vault Wheel Bearings 10yrs. old Triton/Ranger

Post by Bass boy dave »

you can do them your self. not hard. there are some videos online to help install if you like. I work at a shop near berryessa and see a few every year come in on fire from poor maintenance. so I get a little paranoid and still do them every year. just me but probably over kill.
Bass boy dave

Post by Bass boy dave »

sorry and to add. heat the rear of the hub and hit with a hammer to remove the whole assembly and replace. I use loc tight when installing the spindle nut to the axle. and buy a spare to keep in the boat. yearly I take the cap off, clean inspect and replace the seals.
cdevette

Post by cdevette »

Just did mine for the first time on my 10yr old Triton. Very easy to do. The only issue I had was my spindles werent drilled for the grease fiitting to inject the grease into. I just packed the back and front cap with the hybrid grease the best I could and put the "vault cap" back on with a little RTV. Got all the supplies from Boatmasters. They had everything. Youtube helped out also...