Want to sign up for tourneys… as co angler/non boater

Daniel Rodriguez

Want to sign up for tourneys… as co angler/non boater

Post by Daniel Rodriguez »

I was wondering how and where to sign up for tourneys for co anglers or non boater. I’ve been wanting to start tourneys and am hoping I can get onboard this next year. Any and all help would be much appreciated! Im located in the Central Valley idk if that matters.
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Re: Want to sign up for tourneys… as co angler/non boater

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

Go look at the NewJen, WWBT, and MLF websites for more info…. Most give priority registration to AM’s who sign up for all events in the season as opposed to guys who just want to fish the delta or clear. If you sign up with a pro you are usually guaranteed a spot…. I’m not sure if any of those are shared weight….. as a guy just starting, shared weight is a bit more fun but you can learn a lot from your pros in either shared or individual weight
Daniel Rodriguez

Post by Daniel Rodriguez »

BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:13 am Go look at the NewJen, WWBT, and MLF websites for more info…. Most give priority registration to AM’s who sign up for all events in the season as opposed to guys who just want to fish the delta or clear. If you sign up with a pro you are usually guaranteed a spot…. I’m not sure if any of those are shared weight….. as a guy just starting, shared weight is a bit more fun but you can learn a lot from your pros in either shared or individual weight
Would I still be going through those same organizations for shared weight tourneys?
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

I believe NewJen pro/am's are shared weight.... MLF and WWBT are not. If WON Bass still has pro/am's they are usually shared weight too.... there may be a few others I'm not thinking of
JVGondal

Post by JVGondal »

Many of them are not shared weight but instead the non boaters are fishing against the other non boaters separate from the pro.
Two different pots
DarWise

Post by DarWise »

WON Bass is shared weight. Go to wonbass.com and read up. I think they're having 4 or 5 tournaments in 2023.
JL

Post by JL »

WON or New Jen will be your best bet when you're first getting into the Pro Am scene. Show up with a good attitude, be willing to learn and have fun! I would HIGHLY recommend you watch a view videos on co angler etiquette before you fish your first tournament. You will most likely, meet some friends for life and maybe win a little $$! Good luck! :D