When to transition from Delta to Lakes for bass

Shecomeoff

When to transition from Delta to Lakes for bass

Post by Shecomeoff »

Hey y'all,

I've been out bass fishing on the delta about 5 times in the last 2 to 3 weeks. The bite seems to be progressively getting worse for both numbers and quality fish. Still getting a little top water, chatterbait, and punch action every trip. But just getting 5 keepers is becoming tougher with each trip. I don't tournament fish, only fun fish, so just being on the water is better than work or sitting around the house!

My question is, "When do most of you guys throw in the towel on the delta for fall/winter transition, and start hitting exclusively lakes"?

Thanks for any perspective you have!
jscarbr1

Re: When to transition from Delta to Lakes for bass

Post by jscarbr1 »

I pretty much only fish the Delta. I fish the Delta at least once a week. I live 20 mins from the nearest boat launch. For me, Fall is by far the best time on the Delta. If I were to fish elsewhere because of season change it DEFINITELY wouldn't be during Fall.
Top water, Chatterbaits and punching are my 3 favorite ways to fish with Chatterbait's probably being #1. However, during the fall I dont fish those 3 techniques much (unless I come across a striper bite, then I'll throw topwater). I always have chatterbait tied on, but for me it doesn't get bit much this time of year.
For the Fall and winter I go to hardbaits and swimbaits.