When will water vis improve in the Delta?

Michael1

When will water vis improve in the Delta?

Post by Michael1 »

Cabin fever is getting to me and I am dying to go bass fishing in the Delta. Been following the forums and youtubers and the visibility is still poor and so is the fishing. Its almost a 2 hr drive for me so I don't want to get skunked. Anyone know when things will get better? Do I have to switch to stripers or sturgeons fishing?
ash
SpeedBump

Re: When will water vis improve in the Delta?

Post by ash »

It's going to take a while, the muddiness is going to depend on the storms and where you fish. Sloughs that are off the incoming rivers and streams with good grass are going to clean up and warm up sooner.

Once it starts warming up again don't let the watercolor stop you grab a black n blue jig or 7" senko / flip bait and get out there for that early prespawn bite. I see the blossoms starting on the trees which means the prespawn bite is about to get underway. Im starting to champ at the bit as well.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Hogbassing

Post by Hogbassing »

This time.of year can be very difficult as well as very rewarding. Mud or not. If you want to.make sure your going to catch I would say to hit up Clear Lake or any of the foothill lakes.
Jradmercs

Post by Jradmercs »

Just a heads up… just visited clear lake 1/31-2/1 and got skunked. Yes the new jen tourney had big bags n stuff but as clear lake guide service guy said fishing is still tough there. Unless you want to pay for the guides out there who have found them and have their guide spots. Will wait until water warms up a bit more.

Clarity is really good below the narrows. Little bit muddy up north. Sucks man for a 2 hr drive and no fish. Only fished 3 hrs the second day and said hell nah and left.
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Water temp jumped way up for the NewJen. It's back to 43 and yep it's tough. There is an ABA on Saturday and it will be a different story and these guys might as well be guides as there are a lot of locals in that group. As it will be raining maybe it won't be as brutal cold with the overcast and there will be a decent bite on this moon.
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
JL

Post by JL »

Kelly, the ABA is actually on Sunday. It should be interesting !