Where are the stripers at?

mmalinao

Where are the stripers at?

Post by mmalinao »

Man, went out this past Saturday..got rained on...couldn't find the stripers! One in 8 hours of fishing 3 LMB 1 small striper.

We fished all along the SJ river from false on surounding Franks. I'd like to go back on this weekend, but need to know where they are!

Any suggestions?

-Mike
-Mike Malinao
Hitman

Re: Where are the stripers at?

Post by Hitman »

I could not find them the weekend before either....mostly small schoolies and 1 keeper to 6lbs in the Mokulume river just south of the B&W bridge. I've heard middle to south delta right now - Disco and Stockton area. Hope to get out there on Saturday and check for myself.
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
201Pro

Post by 201Pro »

I went out on Friday and Sunday ... should have went on Saturday too.

Fished mostly out of Disco. Friday, we got on the water a bit late, ~7:30AM and ran into the back of Kellog; too late. Nothing working nothing flying, noting swimming (?) ... caught a couple of 12-14" linesides ... around 10-11AM, we move into Lido Bay and found a couple of biters. We ended up catching 5 keepers; nothing of any size, all schoolies. But could have caught more if this guy with the aluminum boat didn't run over our fish (they were boiling) with the big motor! :twisted:

Sunday, I fished out of a buddy's boat who lives on the water in the back of Kellog. I met at the boat on his dock about 6AM and we 'motored' out of his bay and waited ... about 6:30 or so when the horizon got a glimmer of light, there were small boils in a couple of the bays. I hook what seem like a good fish, but it went under the boat and pulled free. My friend caught a couple of smaller (shakers) ... then I hooked a nice 3-4# fish. About 7:30 I hooked my last striper; this one was a little bigger, maybe close to 5#'s ... at ~8:15, I hooked a nice 3# LM ... that was the last bite. We motored all around the back of Disco and into Lido Bay without any other biters ... Off the water at noon.
Chris
=========================
2004 Ranger 521VX, ETEC250HO
8" Atlas Hydro Plate, 25p Tempest+
Hotfoot/ProTrim/4-bank Dual Pro
2x Blade Series Power Poles
Minn Kota Fortrex 112
Lowrance HDS12 Carbon & Gen3
=========================
stkbass

Post by stkbass »

Went out on Thursday morning fished Whiskey slough, Empire, and bacon island off the bank, nothing. Took the boat out Friday evening and fished various areas on the SJ between Buckley down to Turner Cut, nothing. Went out today, Monday morning, fished Mildred area, empire, whiskey, and Turner, nothing. No signs of any fish activity except I did see a sea lion. They may not be in Stockton any longer. I've caught several nice linesiders up to 10lbs in October. Maybe try south delta, disco bay, tracy areas.

Anyone else??
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

It's dead and done! Temps dipped below 49 degrees this past week. You'll have to run all over the deep water channel s along the San Jaquine, watching yer graph to find isolated schools of fish, then sit on top of em and bottom bounce ta see if they'll bite. I personally am done with em fer the year, no more chasin the tuxedos. I'd rather be out there bottom bouncing a brown jig-n-pig and not git bit all day versus waisting time & gas chasing non-existant stripers! Fall run is done! LOL
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

That's a bummer to hear.....is it to early to start wishing for Spring? LOL!!!
Hitman

Fish Hard Films