Colebass

Who's done diesel mod's?

Post by Colebass »

And are you glad you did?
Dave Cole
DAKINE198

Re: Who's done diesel mod's?

Post by DAKINE198 »

03 F-250 S.D. 6.0l K&N Gen II Air Intake, Banks Monster Cat-back exhaust. Got the cat back before they had developed the turbo downpipe...so for Christmas I'm buying my self the pipe. I like the set up its all bolt on, easy install. Did it in my driveway on a Saturday afternoon. Need prices give me a pm I deal with most of the manufacturers, and for the guys on this board my cost is your price.
Red Hawk

Post by Red Hawk »

once you get a chip or programmer you will never not have one again. I have the Bully dog on my 2006 duramax
Mark Lassagne

Post by Mark Lassagne »

I chipped my Dodge diesel and I will never go back. Even at the lowest setting it has tons more power plus better mileage.
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

I was at the Ford dealer the other day and they have a memo posted that states if you modify your Diesel with chips and such, your 100,000 mi warranty will be void!

I was out in the shop while they were working on my truck and they had a new 6.0 tore appart. I asked how many mi and what happened? It had 55k on it and the head gaskets blew and something got sucked in to the motor. They said it was because of the chip. They also said that almost all diesels come from the factory at max tuning now days. What that means is this motor is getting the most power while keeping the thing together for many miles.

Good luck and be careful! Those motors are expensive!
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
ripb8t

Post by ripb8t »

:D :D go ahead and add those chips.
Last edited by ripb8t on Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ripb8t

Post by ripb8t »

DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

.The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C))
This federal law regulates warranties for the protection of consumers. The essence of this law concerning aftermarket auto parts is that a vehicle manufacturer may not condition a written or implied warranty on the consumers using parts or services which are identified by brand, trade, or corporate name (such as the vehicle makers brand) unless the parts or service are provided free of charge. The law means that the use of an aftermarket part alone is not cause for denying the warranty. However, the law's protection does not extend to aftermarket parts in situations where such parts actually caused the damage being claimed under the warranty. Further, consumers are advised to be aware of any specific terms or conditions stated in the warranty which may result in its being voided. The law states in relevant part:
“No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumers using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade or corporate name....â€
AINOKEA..........life is good...but I'm mad as Hell
CORAL 96

Re: Agree with DAKINE198!!

Post by CORAL 96 »

People have been using aftermarket tuners for years with good results & no adverse affects on thier motors. My neighbor just bought an 05 Avalanche & had the dealer tell him that if he put aftermarket wheels on it would void the warranty unless it was done by the dealership. :? Guess that's where the nickname "STEALERSHIP" came into play!! :shock: Oh by the way, nice lift on the FORD!! That must be one of those new aftermarket Bodylift's!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

They tell you this cause they want to make the sale....
ripb8t

Post by ripb8t »

You can add anything you want to your vehicle. But, when you add
aftermarket accessories (i.e suspension lifts, chips, exhausts etc.) you can't blame a dealer/manufacturer for ride, poor performance,
driveability issues, squeeks and rattles etc. Take it back to the people who installed it. I've had people come in with squeek and rattle concerns with their suspension after there lifts were installed. Who's at fault? Their steering wheel shakes at certain speeds with those big a$$ aftermarket tires and rims. Who's at fault?

As far as adding chips to diesels. Just make sure there set up and tuned properly. I've seen where people exceeded every setting of the tuner and expect there vehicle factory components will handle all those fuel/vacuum pressures and so on.

The pics posted is how we remove the engines on the f250/350.

:D :D :D
DAKINE198

Say ripb8t

Post by DAKINE198 »

What does the flat pay for a head gasket?
ripb8t

Re: Say ripb8t

Post by ripb8t »

DaKine

No additional time on top of the normal labor. It just makes it easier on the tech. Less body strain! As long as I have my spam,
rice, and eggs brah!
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

ripb8t, Was that picture in Oakdale??

If you put a modifcation on a motor that puts more stress on the motor than it can handle, that is a perfect excuse to void the warranty.

IT IS A DIESEL!!! NOT A BIG BLOCK RACE MOTOR! The motor is designed to give you great low end torque for pulling loads, long service life, and good fuel ecomony while doing it. If you want to race, get on a race track! If you want burn outs, GM makes a great 8.1 liter V-8 american bad *** power machine as well as Ford's 460 and newer v-10. Just enjoy your diesel and if you really need the speed, wait for the 2008 twin turbo ford powerstroke!
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
ripb8t

Post by ripb8t »

Dave, its down south. It takes about an hour to lift the cab. It makes it so much easier to torque the heads or access anything on the engine. :D
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

okay brah, so how much spam musubis goin fo take to do a major on my 03 ?????????? :lol: :lol:
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

sorry, but what is a "Hawaiian Style" 225? Is it like Dog says, "skin on skin Hawaiian style"?
ripb8t

Post by ripb8t »

get me a Humuhumunukunukuapua'a for my aquarium and will talk
Dakine. :D
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

hOW BIG?
DAKINE198

Dave...

Post by DAKINE198 »

Hey Dave, On the back of my motor where Its supposed to say 225
Optimax I covered the it witha "Hawaiian Style" Logo.
CORAL 96

Re: I just.........

Post by CORAL 96 »

want some POI!!! YUCK, that stuff tastes like paste!!! :lol: :lol:
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

Brah whatcha mean taste like paste??? you used to eat paste in school or wot??? :lol: :lol:
CORAL 96

Post by CORAL 96 »

Just kiddin with ya Dakine!!! :wink: Ya know, you guys did make a good beer out on the islands. Is "PRIMO" still around?? Food wise, ya can't beat a luau with some "Slow-Roasted" pork!! 8)

HANG LOOSE BRO!!!!! 8) 8)
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

Aloha Specialty at DaCal is DAKINE brah. even get poki and poi. And they fish ABA and Anglers Choice too.
DougH

Post by DougH »

Dude,
A slightly built cummins diesel is a beast. They are way factory detuned to keep the transmissions from blowing up.
A 4" turbo back exhaust, a small st of injectors like RV275" and a tuner box like an Edge Comp, or TST 3 stacked up on a smarty will put your truck into "holy crap" mode for less than $2K check these videos out, and see why I have a Dodge insted of a Power chock or a Duratrash, clearly, these are built a little bit more than what I speak about:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xTj7JSsFkGs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9pVDx8Ehw0&NR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV0XJePUitI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kfd3A7K ... ed&search=
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

Remember, Dodge didn't make the motor.

The reason most people buy a powerstroke is because a Ford truck surrounds it.

Look for me to do the Ford-Cummins conversion soon :)
ripb8t

Post by ripb8t »

Just buy one of these. Power, Looks, maybe the lady! Oh I forgot
about 100k!!
http://www.f650pickups.com/indexb.html
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

THAT WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!!!!!!! ITS A FORD BABY
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

Geeze! That's a truck! How funny would a bass boat look behind that monster?
DougH

Post by DougH »

Fishin' Dave wrote:Remember, Dodge didn't make the motor.

The reason most people buy a powerstroke is because a Ford truck surrounds it.

Look for me to do the Ford-Cummins conversion soon :)
LOL, I know, the Cummins motor is the only reason I have a dodge. If Ford would put in a Cummins, with an Allison tranny, back to a Dana 80, we would have us one asserious truck !
Jason_33

Post by Jason_33 »

you all know they start smog'in diesels next year right?
its an obdII check to see if its programed or tampered.
leave it stock.