WON BASS DVL!!! SATURDAY(12/17) INFO!!!

jwick22

WON BASS DVL!!! SATURDAY(12/17) INFO!!!

Post by jwick22 »

Won Bass “Inland Empire Region” Upate

Hello Guys and Gals

Here is some updated info regarding the 2012 Season......We Look forward to seeing you!

First....Name Change.....This region is now called the Diamond Valley Region.

Second...We are eliminating the Perris events due to the tagging issues.....

Third....NO THROW OUTS.....5 (daytime)DVL events which will qualify for the TOC.

Four....Brian Hess and I will be running this region together.

Diamond Valley Region

12/17/11 - DVL
1/28/12 - DVL
2/18/12 - DVL
3/17/12 - DVL
5/26/12 - DVL

8/18/12 - DVL NIGHT
9/1/12 - DVL NIGHT
Rick G

Re: WON BASS DVL!!! SATURDAY(12/17) INFO!!!

Post by Rick G »

John, couple questions. So the only events counting towards the TOC are the daytime events? Its not best 5 out of 7? And do you have to go to the TOC to be considered AOY's. Sorry but last years events in this region were bizarre to say the least. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
jwick22

Post by jwick22 »

Hey Rick

Yes, Last year was a bit whacky...My fault....

Yes...It is the best of 5 only for the DVL region.

AOY....Decided on the 5 DVL DAYTIME tournaments ONLY....No throwouts....

Hope to see you and Kyle!

John
tylerhogan

Post by tylerhogan »

Thanks for the info John hopefully can get the boat clean and dry after the rains this week.
kitjack

Post by kitjack »

Do you have complimentary entries for your staff, TOC winners? No comp's!!! Will you disclose everyone in the options, maybe even publish that list on the website?
jwick22

Post by jwick22 »

@Tyler...Hope to see you buddy!

@Kitjack...No Comps....Period! As far as options go....They are 100 percent paid back!

Hope to see you there!

John
WON BASSIN

Post by WON BASSIN »

John,

I keep getting calls from guys that are excited about this weekend. Sounds like you have somewhere in the range of 25+ boats that are saying they are going to make the trip. Fishing should be good with this current weather pattern. People have a better chance of catching a toad at this time of year than any other if you ask me. These are the days I like to put the heavy weather gear on and chuck the big stuff. Trying to convince the wife to let me skate some xmas stuff and make it out there myself. Either way... I know someone is going to stick a PB out there!
Billy Egan
WON Bass Director
bille@wonews.com
949-366-0248

Post by 619 »

Just got text from Rick...10 Boats
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Thats not surprising to me from the things we heard about their last tournament there... I know none of it was Johns fault... But that, with the crappy bite out there right now AND THE TIME of year (week before xmas) its not too surprising that nobody showed up..

Pete
PeteMarinoGuideService.com
jwick22

WON BASS Standings and update

Post by jwick22 »

Ok Guys

WON BASS DVL

We had a ten boat turnout.....NO COMPS....Thanks for all of the voulunteers.

I will take responsibility for the low turn out......I will try harder to promote the next ones....I got alota of last minute calls letting me know people could not make it due to sickness, work and family conflicts...

I gave a away some tackle to everyone and gave everyone a BassKing Hat, visor, beanie, or shirt.

We ran a pretty flawless tournament.....

I would like to say Thank you to Brian Hess for the help......Brian and I are running all of these tournaments.....

I understand everyone has their reasons for fishing or not fishing the Won Bass DVL region....Brian and I are fisherman and we are running a tournament.....So please give us a chance! Period....Personally, I am not in competition with any other trail.....I will fish everyones trail......Like I said I am a fisherman.

I will also take the blame for last years last Won Bass DVL tournament.....I was unable to make the tournament and they had technical problems....My buddy took over at the last moment.

We are offering some great customer service and the best payout.

1. Stenovick-Studinger...20.66
2. Waller-Berry...12.15
3. Wright-Payne....11.83
4. Jioras-Janke...9.56
5. Chin-Tak...8.51
6. Adams-Uwanawich...8.07
7. Miller-Garcia...7.45
8. Grover-Grover(CODY)...7.23
9. Ellis-Boulette...2.65
10. Boyd-Erautt...0.00

Sorry for the delay...
eric n

Post by eric n »

Its not your fault for the low turnout,everybody who fishes there knows when the derbies are.I can speak for a few other people as well as myself,its the quagga hoop you have to jump through at that lake.As a tournament angler you know how dissapointing it would be after getting up at 3am,preping your gear the night before,driving to the lake and then told you cant get in.Like I said,its not your fault.Its just the way it is now.
With it being cold now and if you fish in the rain it takes a long time to dry the boat out,even when you think its dry water will leak out the smallest voids when you are driving.Yes i understand clean and dry well but why is somebody turned around EVERY time im at that lake?I've got denied twice pre derby and twice fun fishing,not going to happen again.
Sucks,itching to fish derbies now that work has slowed up.Thats my explaination as to why im not fishing your trail
fish4life

Post by fish4life »

Whats up with the recent low weights on DVL? Seems like since Oct or so a lot of the weights have been lower than normal.

Good fisherman are catching 12 to 7 lbs a lot. Normal for this time of year?

Just asking.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

eric n wrote:Its not your fault for the low turnout,everybody who fishes there knows when the derbies are.I can speak for a few other people as well as myself,its the quagga hoop you have to jump through at that lake.As a tournament angler you know how dissapointing it would be after getting up at 3am,preping your gear the night before,driving to the lake and then told you cant get in.Like I said,its not your fault.Its just the way it is now.
With it being cold now and if you fish in the rain it takes a long time to dry the boat out,even when you think its dry water will leak out the smallest voids when you are driving.Yes i understand clean and dry well but why is somebody turned around EVERY time im at that lake?I've got denied twice pre derby and twice fun fishing,not going to happen again.
Sucks,itching to fish derbies now that work has slowed up.Thats my explaination as to why im not fishing your trail

+ 10000

~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

Pyramid lake now has quagga inspections and over 40 boats showed up at the last tournament and it was also 23 degrees when we arrived. Im just saying..........
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

fish4life wrote:Whats up with the recent low weights on DVL? Seems like since Oct or so a lot of the weights have been lower than normal.

Good fisherman are catching 12 to 7 lbs a lot. Normal for this time of year?

Just asking.
Lake has fished real tough for the last month and a half. We went thru the period of the algae bloom and that is now all gone and the lake is very clear now with the water real high. Seems like some swimbait fish caught a day and if you can get a kicker with a limit of 2-3's your in good shape. For me, it just seems like no matter what depth, 10-70, they are all the same size. Water still 61-62 during the day. I was hoping it would get down to the 57 range as that usually kicks off the icejig bite and the shad stack up. The Stripers have for sure changed the places and ways the LMB are situated there. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
eric n

Post by eric n »

gixxer464 wrote:Pyramid lake now has quagga inspections and over 40 boats showed up at the last tournament and it was also 23 degrees when we arrived. Im just saying..........
They used to draw more.They would draw 60 on a bad day at dv.
Do those pressure washers at some lakes work?25 bucks at Big Bear,5 at Henshaw,whatever it is/was at Cachuma.Whats the cost vs use breakdown on those things?Maybe the chamber of commerce can subsidize one until its in the black?Got to be a way.
How bout it Rick?You have alot of skin in this game,what do we have to do?I miss buying floro like a crackhead from you!
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

Not true. WON has only drawn 60+ boats on 4 occasions at DVL. Do your homework.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Eric, just call the shop the day before your going to DVL and I will personally get your boat clean and dry and it will pass the inspection barring a rainstorm on the way to the lake. I had to get my boat inspected for this last weekend as Kyle has been to Perris and if you do a few simple things your always good to go. Just call the shop and ask. Rick G.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
eric n

Post by eric n »

I thought it was a differant org at Pyramid.
Rick,they wanted to quarantien me AFTER I got off the lake.Not much you can do about that but thanks for the offer.What about fog?Whatever,cant fix CA anyway.Merry Christmas everybody
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

It was different org. Thats the point im trying to make. Im just taking away all of the excuses like boat inspections, weather, and having a tournament around the holidays. It makes no difference to me cause I fish all of the orgs. Where are the payouts? I cant seem to find them on the website.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

eric n wrote:I thought it was a differant org at Pyramid.
Rick,they wanted to quarantien me AFTER I got off the lake.Not much you can do about that but thanks for the offer.What about fog?Whatever,cant fix CA anyway.Merry Christmas everybody
Not sure how they can quarantine you after you have been on the lake all day? Did you have some Squid in the livewell? lol Just pay the extra 3 bucks now and pull up there and Stan the Man will tag you. Stan, Louie, all the guys there are really cool and want us there. As far as fog, the new policy is that if they cant see the wave attenuator from the top of the ramp, its a no launch till it clears. Frustrating with a good GPS, but I understand the rule. Merry Xmas also. Rick G.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Rick,
Could you get your crew at Anglers certified to do the inspections, and then cable the boats, so they can be guaranteed to be able to fish?
A $5-10 fee for the service, maybe.
The lake staff should trust you by now, or have you taken their money in too many tournaments? :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

Payouts?
jwick22

Post by jwick22 »

Sorry for the delay in payouts.....

10 boats....

Total Payout...$2650

1st..$1675.00
2nd..$495.00
3rd...$330.00

5th..Place (2nd big bass)..$150.00

Once again...SOrry for the delay.......

FYI....I HAVE SOME SPONSORSHIP MONEY IN THE WORKS AND WE ARE TRYING TO RAISE THE PAYOUTS!!!!!

Gimme a week or so and I will release details!

If anybody has any questions feel free to call me...619-889-8847

I do not know everyone on here...Especially if you have a username which is different then your "real" name...

THanks agian

JOhn
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

John,i know that with you and Brian running the Tourney's.Things will be only get Bigger and Better!You will see me out sometime this year.Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.You Guy's Rock!
jwick22

Post by jwick22 »

Thanks Todd....Same to you buddy! Happy Holidays!

See u Soon!