Re: WOW

Joe

Post by Joe »

> I could be wrong here, but I'm thinking Leroy Bertelero is in lead on the am side. Go Leroy!

Joe
Gator

Post by Gator »

You are right - I corrected my post. I jumped the gun thinking this was shared weight. DUH!!

Tight Lines!!

Gator
korny

Re: WOW Is Right - Why is he

Post by korny »

Fishing as an AM. this man has won Two day pro/am's before, qualified for many west coast and WON classics and has been to the RED MAN ALL AMERICAN. If he is an AM. I'm Bill Gates. Both He and Everstart should be ashamed, Especially if he wins, since he is a ranger owner and will take home the ranger bonus. 2 cents
Cooch

I think we see this a lot....

Post by Cooch »

since BASS with their Pro-Ams and the Everstarts came here giving away a boat on the AM. There is no regulation on who or what determines an AM, just the entry fee ya pay. Leroy has been fishing on that AM side fer the last two years now. I guess it's a strategical gamble to do what Leroy is doing. Personally, there are some of us that don't agree with this, but unfortunately, he's within the rules huh?

Cooch
Bev Payne

Post by Bev Payne »

> Fishing as an AM. this man has won Two day
> pro/am's before, qualified for many west
> coast and WON classics and has been to the
> RED MAN ALL AMERICAN. If he is an AM. I'm
> Bill Gates. Both He and Everstart should be
> ashamed, Especially if he wins, since he is
> a ranger owner and will take home the ranger
> bonus. 2 cents
Korny, In mosts circuits if you have won money as a pro in the past, you can't fish as a am-AAA or co=angler. It is up to the TD tomake the decision. Bev
richie hamilton

Re: It's funny

Post by richie hamilton »

how many times I delete my own posts for my own good :)
CG

Thanks for...

Post by CG »

reminding me to bite my tongue!! CG

> how many times I delete my own posts for my
> own good :)
Dan S.

Post by Dan S. »

The FLW people explained that this is not a Pro/Am, Skeet Reese could be the co-angler and as a matter of fact many top name pro's do this so they don't have to pull the boat around. As Leroy said at the Clear Lake tournament, he is getting to old to pull a boat all over the country yet he still has the desire to compete. If it were a true Pro/Am format, knowing Leroy, he would not enter as an Am. I think before people start knocking somebody, they should take the time to learn the facts. Just my .02.
Dan S.

> bonus. 2 cents
NaCl

Excellent points...

Post by NaCl »

The most important aspect of your comments is that we should refrain from criticising until we knnow all the facts. In this case, FLW has made it clear that these are NOT Pro-Am events. I've know Leroy for many years and he's always been a respectful sportsman. I agree with you that he would not enter this event if it required bending the rules. Besides, everyone knows he can't win in the delta using spinning gear! HAR HAR!

.....NaCl
Ron C

Excellent post Dan...

Post by Ron C »

...Leroy is a class act and an outstanding angler. I, for one, hope he wins it.

Good Fishing!

Ron C
john blair

Post by john blair »

> bonus. 2 cents
leroy said at the clearlake flw that he signed up as a am so if he makes the toc he can fly and not have to hail his boat since he is getting older and don't want to make the drive back. john