WRL Grapevine Results

Bobby T

WRL Grapevine Results

Post by Bobby T »

A Win is a Win and I expect to see more from these guys this season.

Dustin Selek of Atascadero and Sal Rocha of Grover Beach bested the Field today at beautiful Lake Nacimiento Central California catching the tournament Big Bass and brining in the heaviest sack of the day to claim the win at USAC's WRL inaugural Event and what a spectacular event it was. Dustin and Sal reported catching their first few fish in the river channel but the water muddied up and debris from the Storm helped make the decision to move back out onto the main lake to finish their day of fishing. They were using jigs and creature baits to catch most of their fish. Fishing along cliffs and drop-offs. They reported covering allot of water and culling a lot of Bass on way their victory. Their winning weight was 9.78 and they also had tournament Big Bass,Winner Take ALL option and hit the 10lbs option. For their efforts they were awarded the First Place plaques, Big Bass Trophy and $265.00 in Cash!

In second place Garret Manion of Paso Robles fishing solo but he will be joined by his brother Bradford Manion at the next event. He brought 5 Bass for a total weight of 8.59lbs and his Big fish weighing 2.06 netting him $30.00 and second place plaques.

Rod Kirby of San Migel and Matt Boyd of Santa Magareta Placed third in this event. After having a successful pre fish they were having problems coming up with keeper fish during the tournament. They kept after it all day trying different techniques and swinging for the fences. They ended up brining 1 nice keeper weighing 2.18 they weren't in the options but they took home third place plaques for their efforts at this event.

11 Bass came to the scales 1 LMG 10 Spots. All were Released Alive.

Even with the small turnout this was a fine way to spend my Birthday. There is no place I would rather be then at a Lake with my Bass fishing Friends running these tournaments. Thanks for your support God Bless!

My brother and I would like to thank the teams that came to the tournament. We would also like to thank PowerTeam Lures for the gift cards and products they sponsor to our trails.

Our next event will be at Lake Santa Margarita on 2/26/12

1) Dustin Selek Sal Rocha 2.86 5 $265.00
2) Garret Manion Bradford Manion 2.06 5 $30.00
3) Rodney Kirby Matt Boyd 2.18 1 $00.00
Last edited by Bobby T on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ash
SpeedBump

Re: WRL Grapevine Results

Post by ash »

how many teams 4?
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Bobby T

Re: WRL Grapevine Results

Post by Bobby T »

only 3 teams, I still treat this as I would a full field and set up and make trophy presentations because the guys that take their time to prepare for the tournaments and spend their time and money and deserve the respect of a follow through by the TD.

I had a lot of calls prior to this event to waive the late Fee so I expected a good turnout. If you come to my tournaments you will get a quality product every time regardless. I am always available to answer calls and emails for my anglers so feel free to call at any time and thanks to the anglers who have attended.

Our next WRL event will be at Santa Magarita 2/26/12. :mrgreen: