WTB spinning rod

damien209

WTB spinning rod

Post by damien209 »

I want too buy a nice spinning rod setup that doesent cost too much.....
bassmeister

Re: WTB spinning rod

Post by bassmeister »

A nice set up is going to cost ya. Unless u r lookin at wal-mart or k-mart
damien209

Post by damien209 »

How much is it gona cost for a desent one??
topdawg2700

Post by topdawg2700 »

Basically you are asking the wrong question. First decide how much you can and are wiling to spend. With that info we can let you know roughly what you can get. I don't have an expensive spinning set (but a good set up that I like) but I also bought decent rods that were lightly used and got a 1/2 price deal on my reels. Are you tournament fishing or fun fishing. In my opinion it is better to either save up and get a nice one or at least a decent/mid grade level one than to buy a cheapo one.
damien209

Post by damien209 »

Well I'm new too bass fishing..with my baitcats rod is a carrot stick with a quantum I've reel I'd like too spend around 125all at the most...
dwise

Post by dwise »

Are you talking $125 for rod and reel? If that's the case, you should check out Bass Pro Shops for THEIR BRAND of rods & reels.

They have a wide range of rods & reels to suit every budget. Stay away from K-Mart, Wal Mart, and Big 5.
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club
damien209

Post by damien209 »

OK thanks
Silver97

Post by Silver97 »

Why not something like a St. Croix Triumph and a Shimano Sedona?
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Check out the Abu Garcia line of rods. The vendetta is the cheapest and a decent rod.. The Veritas is $100 and are awesome rods for the price point. Very light and sensitive.. The verdict is more money..
Check them out..

http://www.abugarcia.com/products/rods
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
dwise

Post by dwise »

OR you can keep your eyes peeled on this website for a real good deal on a medium/high end rod and reel for like half of what they would cost new. I've purchased a few used rods and reels from this website at half off the retail price (new), and saved a lot of money.

If you stick with the name brands, St. Croix, Shimano, Daiwa, Abu-Garcia, G-Loomis, Lamiglass, etc. you can't go wrong. Some of the Bass Pro Shops models are good as well, you just have to know what you're buying.

Do a little research, see what you can afford, talk to some people, ask questions about the rigs they use. It might be worth it to just save up and get a better rod and reel, or wait for a used set-up to come up for sale.

Hope this helps.
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club
biteme

Post by biteme »

If your local Ill hook you up with a Powell with a spinning reel included for 130.00