Yankee lineup?

Sports talk forum
DL

Yankee lineup?

Post by DL »

Does anyone in the order really scare you? I would have to say the only one that worries me is Jeter. He gets his hits no matter who is on the mound. But the other 8, not so much... :roll:
"Feel the steel"
StockOption

Re: Yankee lineup?

Post by StockOption »

A-Rod, especially if he stays hot.....and unfortunately A-Rod is due to have a BIG postseason.

Alex Rodriguez NYY 3B 3 11 4 5 0 0 2 6 1 2 0 .455
Kurt
DL

Post by DL »

StockOption wrote:A-Rod, especially if he stays hot.....and unfortunately A-Rod is due to have a BIG postseason.

Alex Rodriguez NYY 3B 3 11 4 5 0 0 2 6 1 2 0 .455
A-Rod has been due for a good postseason since he signed in New York. The Yankees took advantage of a weak Twins staff that was forced to play a game on monday just to get in. Minus a bad call by the umps in game 2, and TERRIBLE base running in game 3, game five should have decided the series. But that didnt happen and here we are. A-fraud is one bad at bat in clutchtime away from going in the tank again. If he pops out or strikes out with runners on in a tight game, he's done...the media will kill him. What happens if NY loses game one? the pressure will be on...and what happens if they lose both? The pressure is on NY this time.

God I cant wait til friday :D At least this series will decide who the better team is...
"Feel the steel"
mike goodwin

Post by mike goodwin »

Atta baby DL, it's stur the pot week. That's what's so great
about sports and your favorite team if your a true fan, like all
of us.

Please don't be fraid of our sorry as$ line up, lets take a
quik look inside my YANKEE line up.

1 Jeter .334 18hr 27db 66rbi's 30sb----short
2 Damon .282 24hr 36db 82rbi's----------left
3 Tex .292 39hr 43db 122rbi's---------1st
4 A-Rod .286 30hr 17db 100rbi's---------3rd
5 Matsui .274 28hr 21db 90rbi's----------dh
6 Posada .285 22hr 25db 81rbi's----------catcher
7 Cano .320 25hr 48db 85rbi's------------2nd
8 Swisher .249 29hr 35db 82rbi's----------right
9 Cabera .274 13hr 28db 68rbi's----------center

oh and your catcher will get a work out when Joe
brings Brent Gardener in, 39sb p-time player

Pretty sick as$ lineup if you ask me

You may not fear our boys, but them Halo pitcher's will be pray'n
for a little love.

Stock- sure glad to see you here and know your ok after
the as$ kick'n your Sox & Papelblown took.

FRIDAY NITE BABY-IT'S ON
NEW YORK YANKEE FAN AND PROUD OF IT........MG
some guy

This is all I got to say

Post by some guy »

Its funny you bring up the AL West vs AL East thing. I will prove to you how wrong you are. G man already pointed out that the Halos were 29- 17 against the AL East. That is a winning record. I decided to do a little more research.

AL West vs. AL East

Angels - W29 - L17
Texas - W26 - L20
Seattle - W21 - L19
Oakland - W21- L23

In case you dont feel like adding that up, that comes out to a record of W97 - L79.

The AL West is 18 games over .500 against the AL East.

I dont know what they are putting in your drinks at the Skybox, but that is getting smoked my friend. So long are the days of the big bad AL East.

Play ball
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DL

Post by DL »

I admire your loyalty Mike, however futile it may be. :D The only real stats that matter aren't kept until 5:47 PST on friday.

I still like our chances against the Evil Empire. Friday is go time, and it will be fun to watch...
"Feel the steel"
some guy

Re: This is all I got to say

Post by some guy »

:roll: No one in there line up scares me. They have the same stacked line up every year, and every year we smoke them. We are the only team in the majors with a winning record against the Spankees.

Ill be at Game 3, 4 and 5 boys, heckling any chump who wears anything Ny related. Not in my house.

I grew up looking at the stadium from my roof top. I am home team guy, not a front runner. How come you dont root for the D backs Mike? Did you grow up in New York?
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DL

Post by DL »

Does anyone know where to get Sabathia's stats when the temps are below 50 degrees? :twisted: :twisted:
"Feel the steel"
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

6,7,8 hitters in that lineup are going to have a say in the yank offensive game. If they happen to shut down the top of the order they still have to deal with Po-sad, Can-o, swish-r. Swisher is one that I would think could have a huge series.

I feel the key to this series will be defense and late relief. The games will be close as it was during the final reg. season meeting b-tween these teams. BB's and defensive miscues (extra chances) will be the difference here, as well as well as the double down the left field line that barely nics the foul line fair and rattles around in the corner.
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

buddy brown wrote:6,7,8 hitters in that lineup are going to have a say in the yank offensive game. If they happen to shut down the top of the order they still have to deal with Po-sad, Can-o, swish-r. Swisher is one that I would think could have a huge series.

I feel the key to this series will be defense and late relief. The games will be close as it was during the final reg. season meeting b-tween these teams. BB's and defensive miscues (extra chances) will be the difference here, as well as well as the double down the left field line that barely nics the foul line fair and rattles around in the corner.
You starting to sound like a Yankees fan with the way you're hyping them up :cry:
"In times of rapid change experience can be your biggest handicap"
DL

Post by DL »

buddy brown wrote:6,7,8 hitters in that lineup are going to have a say in the yank offensive game. If they happen to shut down the top of the order they still have to deal with Po-sad, Can-o, swish-r. Swisher is one that I would think could have a huge series.

Tom, can you send Bartman to NY for the weekend? :lol: :twisted:
"Feel the steel"
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

I ain't hyping no one up pot-nah :lol: just giving an answer to the question. Swisher and Cano are the two that may do well because they will focus on the big guys. I hope the angels win it all for Adenhardt. with that said here are my pros and cons of both teams:

Yanks Pros- playoffs is in their blood, they have the starting pitching to get deep into the games and the offense that can run up the score, defense up the middle is solid

Cons- If the starters falter and mid relief comes into play this might be a problem, also rivera the closer I believe blew a save against the halos

Anacrime Pros: Young, athletic, fundamentally sound and excellent defensively, there is not a weak defender in that line up. Starting pitching is solid and the closer is lights out. Defense is key to their winning this series

Cons- They need drive the ball out of the ball park. Vlad, abreau and K morales need to go yard. Tough to play small ball against the yanks
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

DL wrote:

D,

he's already there :lol: buried under the pitcher's mound :shock: A friend of ours, father Guido Sarducci caught up with Bartman
DL

Post by DL »

buddy brown wrote:
DL wrote:

D,

he's already there :lol: buried under the pitcher's mound :shock: A friend of ours, father Guido Sarducci caught up with Bartman
:D
"Feel the steel"
StockOption

Post by StockOption »

One thing I will admit is that it would be cool to see Vlad win a ring. Also be cool to see him hit over .400 this series and ACTUALLY CONNECT on a few with that swing of his. (Sorry Mike, but as you must know I root for two teams in baseball, the Red Sox and whoever is playing the Yankees ;) )

Looks like Friday may be a wash-out in the Bronx - which will suck hard.
Kurt
g-man

Post by g-man »

The Angels have the hitting, and the pitching to take the Yanks down! And They move the runners better then anyone!

If its stealing or just going from first to third they move on the bags! This should be a great match up, and the winner will win it all!
100% LL
some guy

Post by some guy »

g-man wrote:The Angels have the hitting, and the pitching to take the Yanks down! And They move the runners better then anyone!

If its stealing or just going from first to third they move on the bags! This should be a great match up, and the winner will win it all!
+1
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
Ray L.

Post by Ray L. »

way to be loyal Mike. Jeter is the toughest of all the Yankees in my opinion. Never let's anything get in his way. Superstar to be sure. Therest way to up and down for me. Angels move around the bases better than any team in baseball right noe. Just need Figgie to come around and we are scoring runs again.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me