Bad news guys

clearlakeoutdoors

Bad news guys

Post by clearlakeoutdoors »

Due to flooding and rain coming the county just closed the lake to all motor boats! Patrol boat is out there kicking boats off water today.
clearlakeoutdoors

Re: Bad news guys

I just talked to county . Guys were not respecting the 1/2 mile no wake and several outran the patrol boat . Handful of guys F***d us all.
Dave
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

it only takes a coupla "Helmet Heads" to ruin it " for everyone else !....
iwillkechu

Post by iwillkechu »

Per Lake County Sheriff's Office

Clear Lake Closed to Motorized Boats

LAKE COUNTY, Calif. (February 14, 2017) – Boaters and residents on Clear Lake need to be aware due to the continued high water levels and potential for damage to shoreline properties, the Board of Supervisors today approved an Urgency Ordinance immediately closing the lake to all motorized vessels and other motorized vehicles except for the Lake County Sheriff and California Department of Fish and Wildlife. The temporary closure will remain in place for no more than 60 days or until the Board takes further action. Kayaks, paddled craft and wind-powered vessels may continue to utilize the lake.

The public will be notified when the boating restriction is lifted.

For more information contact the Sheriff’s Department at (707) 262-4200 or Water Resources Department at (707) 263-2344.
Image Image Image

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

birdman920 wrote:it only takes a coupla "Helmet Heads" to ruin it " for everyone else !....
What he said. :roll:
kam

Post by kam »

Wow! Seriously? Evaded the sheriff boat?!!
Fish Trap

Post by Fish Trap »

Wonder what they are going to do when the wind blows hard and makes 3 foot rollers? At least better to have the problem of to much water and a lake closure than to low and we can't even launch.
big bass beckstrom

Post by big bass beckstrom »

On the bright side Clear Lake just became a closed zone, those big old bass may become more friendly after an absence of boat pressure. That being said I feel for the businesses around the lake who will feel the effects of the closure. However, I believe the closure will be shorter than the 60 day period they claim it can run to, politicians like their positions too much to pull some shenanigans like that.
Elliott
www.basscat.com
www.mossdale-boats.com
www.blackdogbaits.com
www.fishdelta.com
clearlakeoutdoors

from the sheriff

Lake County Sheriff Brian Martin
I fully understand your concern about this situation and want to assure you that as soon as conditions return to where motorized boats can travel on the lake without their wakes damaging, or further damaging shoreline homes, docks, and other structures, the Board will lift this temporary urgency ordinance. At the BOS meeting, supervisors relayed stories from their constituents and their own personal observations about boat generated waves damaging docks, coming over sandbags and into garages and homes. The danger of flooding is readily apparent all around the lake. What may not be quite as apparent to some people, is the additional damage caused by boating activity while the lake remains above flood stage. I assure you that the intent of the Board's action was not to stifle any businesses, but to take reasonable steps to protect property. I hope this is an adequate explanation, and I hope everyone who is adversely affected during this state of emergency will bear with the challenges as we all make our way through this brief period of inconvenience.