Clear Lake Mid Week Report

DanIsaac

Clear Lake Mid Week Report

Post by DanIsaac »

Man, what a difference a week can make. While the numbers bite remains good, the quality of fish being caught
has diminished considerably with these cooler daytime temps, and with the coming weekend approaching I'm glad I can take the weekend off and wait for some warmer days, at least I hope we see some warmer days before fall arrives.

This week the reaction bite seems to be the early morning ticket, with the jig and carolina rig coming on stronger once the sun is up and warms things up. Dingier water seems to be holding the better fish right now, with the cleaner water holding the numbers. Crankbaits such as the Lucky Craft BDS 2, 6th Sense 300, and Megabass S Cranks, along with a Jackall Muscle deep 7 can all entice bites if you find the right tempo. Personally I've been burning them on a 6:1 reel and a fairly high rate. Same can be said for a 3/8 Chatterbait fished on the flats or around tule lined banks. Be prepared though, there are some really nice fish holding in 2-3 feet of water when you find em'.

Tuesday, as well as today, the jig bite did not come on until the sun was high in the sky and the water started to get dingy from the baby algae blooms. Again, fish are anywhere from 3-15 feet deep, in and around the rocky areas. Mid-lake, eastside, westside, and Lubo are all holding fish.

Everyone asks, "what about up north"? What about it...;)? It's still there....yes you can find a topwater bite should you choose to look hard enough for it, and yes, the "trap" bite is beginning to happen as well. Find some canopy and the punch bite can be decent. For me though, the quality has been better south, but that's me. Trust me, there are a number of guys getting them up north as well. It really is a matter of personal preference where and how you fish, so just go fish and enjoy some of what has been a summer bite to remember!
20160823_064739.jpg
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com