Clear Lake this week 3/14/2015

DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

20160217_123333-1.jpeg

Well, as usual I am two weeks late with this. Whether the flu, or internet service issues, these past two weeks have been a challenge. Oh yeah, I will be doing this for the coming year once more. Thank you WBass.
Ok, on with it.

As of this morning the lake is at 7.53 Rumsey, with “full pool” being 7.56 we are there, and the lake will most likely see 8.0 Rumsey by weeks end. Water temps are in the low to mid 50’s.

So, yes, as most have heard, Clear Lake has been at its finest since the first week in February. No, the rumors of 40 lb bags were not rumors. Trust me, I’ve seen more than one guide service put the hurt on em’ to that tune, and I too was fortunate enough to have six big bags over a ten day period in mid February. We are truly spoiled when you find yourself amongst five or six other anglers, and you are complaining about a 34 lb bag.

This past weekend had some big weights and big fish weighed at the Fed event and Charlie Almassey had a GIANT this past Friday. I believe we will see some more of that short term, but with the lake becoming much more busy over the next month with the Lake Commerce, WON Bass, and FLW Costa, I suspect the big weights may become a
tad tougher to achieve. Still the fishing is quite good.

That’s the way it was, and now with this rain and wind tapering off, I suspect a more stable bite over the next couple of weeks is to come.

To point, the lake being FULL is changing everything versus the past couple of years, especially up north. The lake is starting to fish as it had back in the early 2000’s.

Swimbaits, LV500’s, TN70’s, Glidebaits, and ARigs have been the go to’s this past month, and with the first wave already up, there should be a second push with the warming waters this week. Primetime fellas, now’s the time!

Stay tuned!

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Freefall

Re: Clear Lake this week 3/14/2015

Post by Freefall »

Awesome!

I still haven't fished clear lake.... I think I need to change that.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
TheFLY

Post by TheFLY »

Good God, man! Those are some bloated, ginormous, behemoth bucketmouths.

And I was all excited to be catching 3 & 4 pound spots and smallies. http://www.westernbass.com/forum/after- ... 01053.html

Hmph.

On to Clear Lake it is.
ILW

Post by ILW »

thank you for the clear lake report! Going next week for sure