Clear Lake this week 8/7/2016

DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Resized_20160802_064410.jpeg

Lake level is 3.47 Rumsey and water temps are running 77 to 85 degrees depending.

Well, the bite has finally begun to slow a bit, at least for the quality fish we had been seeing. Anglers can still expect to catch their fair share of fish, but now the lil guys are beginning to dominate.

However, if you are willing to run and burn some fuel, the topwater bite is beginning to become a little more predictable around the lake, just not in large quantity in any one area, and when I say this I mean respective of quality fish. Like I said, the 1-3 pounders seem to be everywhere.

Ploppers, frogs, spinnerbaits, jigs and drop-shots will all get you bit, and you never know the net bite just might be her. Just like these two plopper and jig fish which were part of a 30+ bag.

Water conditions are better than the past couple of summers, at least so far. Yes, there has been a pretty bad fish die off around the lake, and yes there is a mild case of algae, but neither has affected the bite.

With regards to the fish die off, it’s just a dang shame this lake isn’t managed for what it truly is. Despite the neglect, and lack of a management plan by F&W, this place continues to amaze most. It is truly scary to think what possibly could be if it were managed as the trophy fishery it truly is. Like I said, just a shame and that’s all the further I will comment.
Attachments
201.jpg
Last edited by DanIsaac on Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com