Clear Lake this week 8/31/2016

DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Great view first thing in the morning.
Great view first thing in the morning.

Sorry for the delay this week, I thought I had published this and realized today I had not done so.

Lake level is at 2.42 Rumsey and the water temps are running 74-79 degrees. Water clarity is improving considerably and the bite seems to be doing so as well.

Summer is winding down quickly and a sweatshirt in the morning can be a welcomed addition, and with it the “find em in one place” mode has changed considerably as well.

Success for me this past two weeks has come at the expense of my Chevron card. While
I was still able to find the numbers hanging out in all of the past haunts; the quality bites for me have come as a result of moving around, and doing quite a bit of it.

The forecast for the Labor Day weekend is promising and most should see better than average success. In my opinion worth the trip out, and don’t let the wake boats bother you as they can actually help the bite at times. Just use caution because they do not.

For the past month I have primarily targeted rock, this past week that has changed and I am now finding the better fish in and around weed, up on the flats, or at least what is left of the weed. There are not many lakes around where you can catch a 30lb. bag on a jig and turn around a week later and catch the same bag on reaction and swimbaits.

September brings out those beginning to practice for the Triton Owners event and is the beginning of TOC Season as most are aware. However, I believe this year may differ just a bit, in that the bite this year should really produce some stud bags for anglers. These fish have plenty of “big bait” to chomp on, and they are doing just.

Good luck, and have a safe weekend wherever you spend it.
Steve M. got in on the action too!
Steve M. got in on the action too!
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Kelly Ripa

Re: Clear Lake this week 8/31/2016

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Thanks for the post. My folks used to own the Sea Breeze before it was the Sea Breeze. The early to mid seventies and I went to Upper Lake High Schools for their sins :lol: :lol: . I always enjoy going back there and catching a toad or two. It's where I began my Sojourn in the angling arts. I would imagine the original resort on that property must be close to 100 years old now. One long cast straight off of the pier look at your meter and tell me what you see....I put it there in 73' :wink: . I plan to return to my roots for my 60th birthday this April 2017...Go Cougars Class of 75'

:shock:
Rip
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!