Clear Lake this week...12/27/2016

DanIsaac

Clear Lake this week...12/27/2016

Post by DanIsaac »

Clear lake this week 12/27/2016

Brrr……about says it best! With the lake at the highest level it’s been at this late in the year in a long time, the bite has slowed considerably for most. Morning air temperatures hover in the mid to high 20’s, as the day time highs struggle to get out of the 40’s, both have driven surface temperatures down into mid 40’s and the bite has suffered for most as a result.

The good news, this week we find the lake at 3.56 Rumsey, an absolute great way to end the year. One or two more good storms and we may just see full pool by the end of February once more.

Everyone wants to know “what should I do”? Well, if you find the secret please let me know. I fishED Christmas day and had the lake to myself. Unfortunately, I only managed to boat 6 keepers for about 22 lbs, and a dozen or so crappie to 3 lbs.

Brown/brown jigs, 2.0 Squarebills, and a shakeyhead accounted for the bass, and the crappie feel for micro-swimbaits, all fished in 10-35 feet of water.

All in all this time of year is pay your dues time for me, though it should start to improve when the day time highs start poking the 50’s once again.

Happy New Year all and here’s to an awesome 2017!
20161225_081225.jpg
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com