Delta Striper Report

THE DR

Delta Striper Report

Post by THE DR »

The 2017 fall striper run has kicked off with a bang! After chasing schoolies and dinks Labor day weekend, we made some adjustments and found the grade we were after. This last week the morning and evening topwater bite has been on fire! Multiple fish in the 10-20lb range and a few close calls on the trophy grade fish exceeding 30lbs.

Most fish were taken on shallow grass flats next to deep water. High tide has been the best. Bait selection hasn't seemed to matter as long as it's been a wood bait. The Delta Wood Bomber 6" bait has been our top choice. On a few days when the wind was blowing over 17-20mph, we have had to resort to a good ol plastic pencil popper.

There's a ton of bait in the system this year, the most I've seen in a long time. Hopefully this will draw in another wave of fish on the next moon cycle.

Head over to my IG page @Fishstix024 and our FB page The BombSquad - Delta Wood Bombers for more topwater striper action!

Last edited by THE DR on Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
bustout

Re: Delta Striper Report

Post by bustout »

Awesome! What general area are u in? Looks like San Joaquin on Antioch side of bridge and sac between Brannon and rio bridge. I caught a 17lb on bait in honker bay Labor Day weekend. Had lots of 18-24 inch fish but only 1 quality.
THE DR

Re: Delta Striper Report

Post by THE DR »

We've been fishing both sides of the system. The SJ side from Franks out to Anitoch and the Sac side from Sherman up to Minor. Have to cover a ton of water to find a good school that will bite on top.