Ca Delta Whopper Plopper - Video

Moderators: ash, Mike M, Caudawg, Cooch

alesieur
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:30 pm
Location: rancho murieta

Ca Delta Whopper Plopper - Video

Postby alesieur » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:53 pm

So I am posting up a previous VOD episode to pose a question. Would you rather watch the episodes for free but not be able to skip embeded ads or pay for the videos and watch them ad free? Tell me what you think … (FYI-you can skip the ads in this video but I added a bunch to give you a feel for what it would be like to have the video broken up a bit)

HenderT
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:06 am

Re: Ca Delta Whopper Plopper - Video

Postby HenderT » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:12 am

Nice vid man!

mark poulson
Posts: 8701
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 4:16 am
Location: Oakley, Ca.

Re: Ca Delta Whopper Plopper - Video

Postby mark poulson » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:50 am

Another great video!
I vote for free with embedded ads.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY

alesieur
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:30 pm
Location: rancho murieta

Re: Ca Delta Whopper Plopper - Video

Postby alesieur » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:45 am

HenderT wrote:Nice vid man!


Thanks Hender :D

alesieur
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:30 pm
Location: rancho murieta

Re: Ca Delta Whopper Plopper - Video

Postby alesieur » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:45 am

mark poulson wrote:Another great video!
I vote for free with embedded ads.


Thanks for your input Mark :D

Kyle46N
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:55 pm

Re: Ca Delta Whopper Plopper - Video

Postby Kyle46N » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:43 am

I think there should be more to an the answer than just free or not free. It's very clear you put a bunch of work and time into the production of these videos (drone, editing, time, etc). With that in mind, you should go with whichever option that will facilitate your ultimate goal with these videos. Of course I would love to watch the videos for free, and skip over the ads, but not if you can't sustain the production in the near future with that process. Then again, I'm sure you wouldn't have offered up the option if it was not a good option for you.

Also, I can't compliment enough your method of showing us where you are catching fish and then "why" you caught that fish. It's not really the exact location that matters, because any given location on the Delta can produce, but it's the excellent detail and description of what is happening at that location, at that given time which led to the fish eating. A great example in this video was your description of the bait in the area. That was one of my "haha" moments a couple months ago as a new to the Delta guy. Realizing not only the necessity of bait in an area but also in an area that is readily accessible to the bass.

alesieur
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:30 pm
Location: rancho murieta

Re: Ca Delta Whopper Plopper - Video

Postby alesieur » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:13 pm

Kyle46N wrote:I think there should be more to an the answer than just free or not free. It's very clear you put a bunch of work and time into the production of these videos (drone, editing, time, etc). With that in mind, you should go with whichever option that will facilitate your ultimate goal with these videos. Of course I would love to watch the videos for free, and skip over the ads, but not if you can't sustain the production in the near future with that process. Then again, I'm sure you wouldn't have offered up the option if it was not a good option for you.

Also, I can't compliment enough your method of showing us where you are catching fish and then "why" you caught that fish. It's not really the exact location that matters, because any given location on the Delta can produce, but it's the excellent detail and description of what is happening at that location, at that given time which led to the fish eating. A great example in this video was your description of the bait in the area. That was one of my "haha" moments a couple months ago as a new to the Delta guy. Realizing not only the necessity of bait in an area but also in an area that is readily accessible to the bass.


Kyle,
thanks for the comment and the kudos. You are right. Each video is a ton of work and preparation but…I really enjoy making them and sharing the info so in the end it's not really work as much as it is passion. The show/channel is still in its infancy and I am trying to take it in a direction in which I can continue to provide valuable relevant info and not go bankrupt in the process..haha. I have been getting a lot of positive feedback and that is what really drives me to continue to create the best possible content I can. It's awesome to hear that the info I provided is beneficial to your success out on the water. Have fun even if the fish don't cooperate and I hope to run into out there sometime.

User avatar
dreamchaser2
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:06 pm
Location: East Bay, NorCal

Re: Ca Delta Whopper Plopper - Video

Postby dreamchaser2 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:49 pm

I recently started watching your vids and really like the content - so firstly congrats and also thank you for taking the time to make them.

I personally prefer to watch ads than pay a fee but that's me. Although i really like the depth of your videos, i feel tighter editing would make it even better ie. reduce the length of it. Not because you're content is no good but these days I often watch youtube on the run or in between commute etc and 'snackable' content is the way forward. Sad but true state of affairs.

Anyways, look forward to your next vids! cheers.
Hunting large mouths on crystal clear reservoirs on dobyns and tatula!

alesieur
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:30 pm
Location: rancho murieta

Re: Ca Delta Whopper Plopper - Video

Postby alesieur » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:19 pm

dreamchaser2 wrote:I recently started watching your vids and really like the content - so firstly congrats and also thank you for taking the time to make them.

I personally prefer to watch ads than pay a fee but that's me. Although i really like the depth of your videos, i feel tighter editing would make it even better ie. reduce the length of it. Not because you're content is no good but these days I often watch youtube on the run or in between commute etc and 'snackable' content is the way forward. Sad but true state of affairs.

Anyways, look forward to your next vids! cheers.



Thank for the comment. What do you think the optimal length of the video these days is?

Kyle46N
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:55 pm

Re: Ca Delta Whopper Plopper - Video

Postby Kyle46N » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:40 pm

I gotta jump in on the video length discussion. In my opinion, dreamchaser has a valid point about the length of the video.........IF your intended audience is of the type who would prefer the shorter videos. This goes back to your goal with these productions. To me, it seems like the product you are producing is more suited to a longer video like you are doing now. Take the TacticalBassin guys for example. They routinely exceed 15 minutes and often more than 20 minutes, but it's necessary for them to get the info across adequately. Needless to say, they have a huge audience. I may not get to their video if I'm in a hurry, but they produce videos I enjoy watching, so I will always make time to come back and watch their latest. Take the Informative Fishermen as another example. You're videos fit this same niche much more than the 5 minute youtube specials. It's the quality of your production that matters. If you produce quality for 20 minutes....you will have more than enough viewers watch. Sorry, just would hate for you to cut down the time of the videos in order to fit the wrong niche.

User avatar
dreamchaser2
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:06 pm
Location: East Bay, NorCal

Re: Ca Delta Whopper Plopper - Video

Postby dreamchaser2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:29 pm

alesieur wrote:Thank for the comment. What do you think the optimal length of the video these days is?

I took a look at many channels i frequent and their videos are usually around the 15-20min mark. Hope this is helpful!

Looking forward to more content. Best.
Hunting large mouths on crystal clear reservoirs on dobyns and tatula!

alesieur
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:30 pm
Location: rancho murieta

Re: Ca Delta Whopper Plopper - Video

Postby alesieur » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:13 am

Kyle46N wrote:I gotta jump in on the video length discussion. In my opinion, dreamchaser has a valid point about the length of the video.........IF your intended audience is of the type who would prefer the shorter videos. This goes back to your goal with these productions. To me, it seems like the product you are producing is more suited to a longer video like you are doing now. Take the TacticalBassin guys for example. They routinely exceed 15 minutes and often more than 20 minutes, but it's necessary for them to get the info across adequately. Needless to say, they have a huge audience. I may not get to their video if I'm in a hurry, but they produce videos I enjoy watching, so I will always make time to come back and watch their latest. Take the Informative Fishermen as another example. You're videos fit this same niche much more than the 5 minute youtube specials. It's the quality of your production that matters. If you produce quality for 20 minutes....you will have more than enough viewers watch. Sorry, just would hate for you to cut down the time of the videos in order to fit the wrong niche.


I agree Kyle. I just released another one this morning and with my format they are all going to be over 15 minutes long (and probably average 20 minutes). Both your examples are good as well. Nick, Tim and Matt have great content and are excellent resources for anglers. I am still trying to tweek the format of the show and the editing to make it as good as possible. I am shooting this weekend and changing up the format a bit to keep the viewers interested form beginning to end….I hope :wink:

alesieur
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:30 pm
Location: rancho murieta

Re: Ca Delta Whopper Plopper - Video

Postby alesieur » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:15 am

dreamchaser2 wrote:
alesieur wrote:Thank for the comment. What do you think the optimal length of the video these days is?

I took a look at many channels i frequent and their videos are usually around the 15-20min mark. Hope this is helpful!

Looking forward to more content. Best.


Thanks for the input. I have been doing some research via YouTube analytics and plan on tweaking the show format a bit. Still the same info but the presentation will be a bit different to keep the viewers interested from start to finish. Shooting this weekend so I should have some new content in a week or so.


Return to “Fishing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SpookFreak and 23 guests