Fat WA Trout Eaters

ttb31183

Fat WA Trout Eaters

Post by ttb31183 »

We have some great bass fishing in Washington on those lakes that stock trout generously. Most of these lakes are fairly small (less than 1,000 acres) and with so many in the area, they all do not get much bass fishing pressure because there are so many good lakes to choose from.

I went out last week and threw swimbaits but never had a bite. I did get two nice ones pitching jigs though, fat trout eaters. One weighed 6.50 and the other was 5.93 but they were short and stocky.

I was keying on deeper logs instead of the vast flats. The flats had tons of small fish making beds but the isolated deep trees is where the big ones were. Both of these two fish came pitching a jig. I was very fortunate as both had small males following them. Usually it's the other way around! You catch the small male and the female follows it all the way back and causes heartache.

These are the types of areas I was looking for on my map. Deep water with small flats with wood.

The other one I caught came from a tree behind a deep dock with 15-lb Seaguar Tatsu. The water under the dock was 20 feet and it was on the first shallow area next to the dock.

Tyler Brinks