Fishing Oroville Lake 01/13/2017

Tom Gronwall

Fishing Oroville Lake 01/13/2017

Post by Tom Gronwall »

Wow, felt like being on a new lake today with all the rains we got. Launched about 6:45am, off the lake at 10:30am. No more ramp walking, water came up 59.93 feet this week, and only 60 foot to go to match last years high water mark. Lots of BIG wood now, be careful. I think the water puddles around my home are cleaner, water looks like mud, stained the most I have ever seen. Fishing is as good as the water looks, not good. Although I did get 4 spots, but none with any size and they were loners, no hot locations. All fish were 13-14" range, typical of the one in the picture, which shows the stained water well. Looks like no fishing next week, as more rains coming. Too windy to get close to the N. fork, made my boat act like a kite, so gave it up without a serious try.
GOPR0172.JPG
Last edited by Tom Gronwall on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CBoat

Re: Fihing Oroville Lake 01/13/2017

Post by CBoat »

Tom it looks like you are fishing the north fork. Is this correct. What did you catch the fish, where, and and how deep?
In the beginning, there was nothing, then suddenly there was something, then it exploded and turned into everything in the universe, all by itself. OR In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth.
Tom Gronwall

Re: Fihing Oroville Lake 01/13/2017

Post by Tom Gronwall »

Never made it to the N. Fork, way to windy, this is about half way from the bridge to N. Fork, a point I fish often, especially when windy, the bite comes on, calm, no bites. Roboworm, about 35 feet down. All fish taken 30-35 feet today. Little boat does not do well in the N. Fork winds!!! like today. Winds make it act like a kite and it want to fly when heading into the winds.