Fishing Oroville lake 09/21/2016, awesome bite

Tom Gronwall

Fishing Oroville lake 09/21/2016, awesome bite

Post by Tom Gronwall »

Lauched at Lime saddle about 6:40am, off the lake about noon. Third fish of the day, a nice 18" spot, the we want every cast!! fished here and there and had my typical 18 fish at 10:15am, so decided to head on in and call it a day. Made my final stop to give it that final cast of the day, and surprise, caught a decent spot close to 14", so cast again to the same exact spot as the first cast, got another nice fish. No kidding, spent the next hour cast to the same exact spot, and darn near every cast a fish. Over the next hour did it over and over again, till I got another 24 fish. Crazy when you find spotted bass schooled up. No kidding, every cast to the same exact location as before. The only reason I stopped fishing, was the wife would worry since I'm generally home by noon, and yes, the bite was still on after 24 fish from the same honey hole location. This is why I always fish the same location after catching a fish, never know when they school up. One of my best trips all year, especially this time of year. Ended up with 42 fish, 1 18", 6-7 14" range, rest 12-13", all looking fat too. Released all to grow and catch again one day. Think i will try this same location next week!!
Attachments
GOPR0114.JPG