Newman Lake, WA is On!

ttb31183

Newman Lake, WA is On!

Post by ttb31183 »

Newman Lake is a small Spokane-area lake (1100 acres or so), but it has been pumping out big bass for weeks. It seems like every time I am on Facebook I see pics of new PBs. 5, 6 and 7+lb fish are being posted by my bass buddies almost daily. I finally made it out yesterday and even though it was windy and nasty all day, the fish were biting!

Lately the frog bite has been awesome but with the heavy winds and cold fronts that came though I couldn't get a bite that way. Another way they have been catching them is by pitching jigs to docks. That worked a little bit, but mostly for smaller fish. Since the sun wasn't out and it was windy, the crankbait bite was great. We also caught some on skirted jigs and hairjigs.

My buddy Wes and I caught several nice fish between 3-4lbs. No giants but both largemouth and smallmouth at or around 4lbs is a good fish just about anywhere. We mainly fished small crankbaits because we barely had any with us. We envisioned pitching and frogging all day and basically left everything else. I was cranking with a 7'6" jig rod, but it worked in a pinch.

Here are a few pics of our fish. I can't wait to go back out because it should get better and better with the cooler weather.

Tyler Brinks
JHarris

Re: Newman Lake, WA is On!

Post by JHarris »

Good to hear that you guys had a good time, and thanks for the report! Im gonna be in the Spokane area all next week visiting family. Been trying to to decide which lakes I'm gonna hit while there. I might definitely have to give Newman a try, never fished it.