Water Temp & Unit Source

Moderator: Ken Sauret

Scottz71

Water Temp & Unit Source

Post by Scottz71 »

Have 4 units on my boat. At the console have GEN 3 9" & Gen 2 10". In the front GEN 3 9" & GEN 2 8". All 4 are connected with Ethernet cable and one at the console and one at the trolling motor connect with NEMA 2000. All 4 units have Network Sonar checked. Issues #1 during a fishing trip I will switch between using my trolling motor transducer and transom transducer when moving from one spot to another. Sometimes one unit will seem to loose the other and will disappear from my unit source list? #2 issue I will also loose water temp at the console? All units are set to global on water temp. Console unit should get the temp from the side scan transducer correct?

Should all units be connected with the NEMA 2000? How does global & local reset & auto config work and when should they be used, all units on or not? Thanks in advance for any help.
Edd

Re: Water Temp & Unit Source

Post by Edd »

So first of all the 'Device List' will ONLY show N2K devices which are connected to the NMEA2000 backbone. You shouldn't see any devices connected via Ethernet ONLY. You can probably solve your current issues by connecting the other 2 units via N2K.
Once you have all units and devices connect to the N2K network you can either do 'Auto Configure' or you can configure each device from the Device List. I usually do Auto Config then go back and change the devices that I need changed. Your Local and Global settings refer to how information is shared across your N2K network either across the entire network (Globally) or within a particular unit (Locally).

Hope this helps.
Scottz71

Post by Scottz71 »

yes that did help. I will try that. thanks
Scottz71

Post by Scottz71 »

update. Water temp issues fixed

still have issue with two units at trolling motor. I have the new HDI transducer w/ down scan on trolling motor and want one unit to show chart and 2d sonar. I want the other to show down scan from that same transducer but it will only work with the transducer at transom LSS 2. Two units up front have Ethernet and NEMA 2000 with network sonar checked on both. Two units at console have network sonar unchecked. By the way it was working at one time but has stopped for some reason? Appreciate the help!!
Edd

Post by Edd »

From your Device List, select the unit you want to have the DownImaging view on, change the scope of this unit from GLOBAL to LOCAL. Warning...IF you select 'Reset Local' it will reset the entire network to Local so don't do that!