Taking Kids Fishing

ttb31183

Taking Kids Fishing

Post by ttb31183 »

These past few weeks have been pretty slow for me fishing wise, but I was able to help kids get involved in fishing on two occasions. I have done it many times before, but I still forget just how rewarding it can be. I hope this is a reminder for everyone to take kids fishing if you have a chance.

The first occasion was for a camp for kids with heart problems. It is set up where they can enjoy camp like any other kid and there are doctors and medical staff there to help. This was my third year doing it and it is a blast helping the kids enjoy fishing.

Just last week, my wife and I took our two-year-old on the water. If you have ever taken a child this age on a boat you know, it is more chasing and watching them to make sure they don't fall in instead of fishing. It lasted about an hour, but he was able to help reel in a few fish. Hopefully, this is the first of many trips with him to the lake.

If you know a kid in your area, there are many chances to take them out. There are also many great organizations that would love the help if you can spare the time.
Tyler Brinks