The Top Stick Tour 2010 Pro/Ams(date change)

DL

The Top Stick Tour 2010 Pro/Ams(date change)

Post by DL »

The 2010 Top Stick season is rapidly approaching and I would like to answer a few questions that I have been asked over the last week or two. I sent the information below to a gentleman last week and I thought more people may have the same questions. So I am posting it here as well as the other forum I post on.

First off, we have done away with the deposit. While it seemed to work the first two season, year 3 it didn't. So we tossed it and will not require a deposit. And there is no cherry picking fee either. If you only want to fish one event, you can. But if you do only wish to fish one event, you will need a non boater/AAA to sign up with to guarantee your participation in that event. Obviously if you sign up in advance(the week before, you should be ok.) But guys that have sign-up partners, like FLW, will be gauranteed a spot in the field. The same goes for AAA's, if you bring a pro, you are in.

Second, we reduced the season to 4 events to cut down on the number events which also lowers the money anglers will have to spend during the season on expenses, i.e. travel, practice, food etc. Like last season, you need to fish 2 of the 4 to be eligible to fish the TOC, and if you win an event, you are an automatic qualifier provided you fish 2 events.

Third, our pool of lakes to fish is still restricted but we feel the schedule is the best we could put together. Yes there are two at Castaic(Feb and May), but we have one at Pyramid in April, and what I think will be the best event of the year in March, at Diamond Valley(which is the weekend after the first tournament on DV in over 18 months, which is a Top Stick 2-day team event.) And we have NO ZERO NADA six hour tournaments this year, not even at the TOC. I hate 6 hour tournaments

Here is the 2010 schedule:
February 20, 2010 Castaic Lake West Ramp
March 13, 2010 Diamond Valley Lake
April 24, 2010 Pyramid Lake
May 23, 2010 Castaic Lake West Ramp
October 30 & 31, 2010 TOC

Fourth: We have a new website being built that will be accurate, up to date with results, schedules, and any other news related to The Top Stick Tour Pro's and Joe's. Results will be posted as fast as possible after the end of the tournament. We have also created a Facebook account so we can do updates from the scales as the teams come in. One of the staff guys will be able to post updates almost simultaneously as they happen. This way friends and family can follow along from home as you weigh in...if you already have a Facebook account its under The Top Stick Tour.

Fifth: We decided we needed a TOC that was close to home so guys could cut down on expenses, and even sleep in their own beds during practice and the official days. So we chose Diamond Valley Lake for the TOC. Its much closer than Havasu, Margarita, Cachuma etc.

Entry Fees:
Pro: Basic $380 + big fish $25 + insurance $15 + event fee $15 = $435 all in
AAA: Basic $180 + big fish $25 + insurance $15 + event fee $15 = $235 all in
Membership $35 per year

Payouts
We will pay 1 in 5 boats. And I do not have any Staff boats with comp entries. The only comp'd basic entries are last years AOY for Pro and Ams. Which are Manas Malikian(Pro) and Andrew Levy(Am). As of now we are paying back Cash at the TOC like 2009. John is working on an actual prize for the TOC, but cash is king and we will at least have a pretty good check for the winner. Chris and John wanted the last paid spot to be close to double the entry and we have stayed true to that philosophy.

Here is an example of the payout with 25 boats: 1 in 5 boats pays.
1 $3375
2 $1500
3 $1125
4 $900
5 $600
This is less the big fish option money which adds a little to whomever wins it. The big fish option is 100% payback.

Off Limits
There is no "off-limits" this season like last season. Some guys want it some don't. Rather than bouncing back and forth we are sticking with a NO off limits period.

If you have any questions or concerns, call or email me at catchemall@hotmail.com
The 2010 season will be here before you know it. Come out and fish the best So Cal weekend pro-am, The Top Stick Tour.

DL
"Feel the steel"
Kelly Ripa

Thanx for all the info Daren

Post by Kelly Ripa »

If a Pro is out there looking to sign with a co. Let me know Via a PM from this site as I would like to fish backseat in the Top Stick this year.
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
DL

Re: Thanx for all the info Daren

Post by DL »

Kelly Ripa wrote:If a Pro is out there looking to sign with a co. Let me know Via a PM from this site as I would like to fish backseat in the Top Stick this year.
If I get a call from any pro's looking for sign up partner, I will send them your way...
"Feel the steel"
DL

Re: The Top Stick Tour 2010 Pro/Ams

Post by DL »

We at the Top Stick would prefer to never changes dates of our events, but sometimes things happen and we need to make a change. The Inland Empire DVL event was scheduled for March 13, and The Top Stick event was on the 14th. We will be switching from Sunday to Saturday. Please adjust your calendars accordingly. I have made the change in the original message above...
"Feel the steel"