What are you hunting this year?

Moderators: ash, Mike M, Caudawg, Cooch

tfranceschi

What are you hunting this year?

Postby tfranceschi » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:00 pm

This year I am staying in California. I have hunted Blacktails, Pigs. I will be hunting ducks and geese as well as quail. I may go to Arizona in January to hunt Mule deer during their late archery season. So far I have taken a boar and a modest blacktail buck. Looking forward to seeing what the waterfowl season brings.

Last year I hunted Blacktails, quail, ducks and geese in California and Elk and Mule Deer in Montana. I was lucky enough to harvest a 5 pt bull elk and a Mule deer with my bow in Montana and had a pretty good waterfowl season in December and January.

Tell me what you guys are hunting this year.....
Tony Franceschi

Mike Thomas

Re: What are you hunting this year?

Postby Mike Thomas » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:35 pm

So far, Blacktail. I dragged my feet this year so I ended up with a couple B tags and it's a bit on the tough side over there this year. Lot's of doe's and spike bucks. I filled one tag last weekend now I'm just trying to find something better than a fork, OR will atleast dress out at better than 80 lbs. :D
Need to find a good spot to go pig hunting next

tfranceschi

Postby tfranceschi » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:16 pm

There are plenty of good private lands for pigs but it will cost you unless you know someone. If you find a good public land area let me know. About the best I know of right now is Lake Sonoma and that wont open until late November, and it is archery only. Good luck with that second B tag of yours. Let us know how you do.
Tony Franceschi

Lugnut

Postby Lugnut » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Going to try and get me a pig on public land......the thought of spending $700-1000 on a pig hunt.......CRAZY!!!!!!
Don't ask about my user name, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

http://www.thekelster.com

tfranceschi

Postby tfranceschi » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:13 am

I hear ya. God luck and let me know how you do on public land. Unfortunately, public land is an uphill battle when it comes to pig hunting. Hope you find a honey hole. Keep us posted.
Tony Franceschi

alicec31

Postby alicec31 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:50 pm

Mike Thomas wrote:So far, Blacktail. I dragged my feet this year so I ended up with a couple B tags and it's a bit on the tough side over there this year. Lot's of doe's and spike bucks mutuelles Entreprise. I filled one tag last weekend now I'm just trying to find something better than a fork, OR will atleast dress out at better than 80 lbs. :D
Need to find a good spot to go pig hunting next

You are absolutely right, we must always innovate if we want to follow trends.

Return to “Hunting General”