What are you hunting this year?

tfranceschi

What are you hunting this year?

Post by tfranceschi »

This year I am staying in California. I have hunted Blacktails, Pigs. I will be hunting ducks and geese as well as quail. I may go to Arizona in January to hunt Mule deer during their late archery season. So far I have taken a boar and a modest blacktail buck. Looking forward to seeing what the waterfowl season brings.

Last year I hunted Blacktails, quail, ducks and geese in California and Elk and Mule Deer in Montana. I was lucky enough to harvest a 5 pt bull elk and a Mule deer with my bow in Montana and had a pretty good waterfowl season in December and January.

Tell me what you guys are hunting this year.....
Tony Franceschi
Mike Thomas

Re: What are you hunting this year?

Post by Mike Thomas »

So far, Blacktail. I dragged my feet this year so I ended up with a couple B tags and it's a bit on the tough side over there this year. Lot's of doe's and spike bucks. I filled one tag last weekend now I'm just trying to find something better than a fork, OR will atleast dress out at better than 80 lbs. :D
Need to find a good spot to go pig hunting next
tfranceschi

Post by tfranceschi »

There are plenty of good private lands for pigs but it will cost you unless you know someone. If you find a good public land area let me know. About the best I know of right now is Lake Sonoma and that wont open until late November, and it is archery only. Good luck with that second B tag of yours. Let us know how you do.
Tony Franceschi
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

Going to try and get me a pig on public land......the thought of spending $700-1000 on a pig hunt.......CRAZY!!!!!!
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
tfranceschi

Post by tfranceschi »

I hear ya. God luck and let me know how you do on public land. Unfortunately, public land is an uphill battle when it comes to pig hunting. Hope you find a honey hole. Keep us posted.
Tony Franceschi
alicec31

Post by alicec31 »

Mike Thomas wrote:So far, Blacktail. I dragged my feet this year so I ended up with a couple B tags and it's a bit on the tough side over there this year. Lot's of doe's and spike bucks mutuelles Entreprise. I filled one tag last weekend now I'm just trying to find something better than a fork, OR will atleast dress out at better than 80 lbs. :D
Need to find a good spot to go pig hunting next
You are absolutely right, we must always innovate if we want to follow trends.
Weso

Post by Weso »

I'm new to hunting this year hoping to get my first Deer or pig with bow. Some friends I deliver to went to Horn canyon ranch in Riverside they all got one averaged $550 to $650 depending on size. Anyone ever hunt pigs near Lake cachuma?
PeterCO

Post by PeterCO »

I shot a turkey with my brother
Ifishalot

Post by Ifishalot »

Had a bunch of pigs on my property but had a fire on it last year and ran them all off. But the deer hunting should be good!
FishinSturgeon

Post by FishinSturgeon »

Already have 2 Central Coast Pig hunts under my belt, Have a free range Axis deer hunt in Texas end of May... and then blacktail and bear come October in the Lake Shasta area.
Good luck to all