Dobyns Rods announced details of continued angler support for the 2020 season of the Wild West Bass Trail (WWBT).
The past year’s transplant from California to Texas of longtime West Coast pro Gary Dobyns hasn’t altered his love for western tournament competition and the changing of WWBT ownership hands hasn’t dwindled his support for the circuit.
“As one of the original founders of the Wild West, I will always have a place in my heart for the trail and although I am not involved any longer, I value all the anglers that supported Dobyns Rods and the Dobyns contingency program that was offered to the WWBT competitors and for that reason, Dobyns Rods will continue its contingency program,” he stated. “In support of the trail, I will also travel back as a competitor as I am able.:
To keep the continuity of the past Dobyns contingency program for the WWBT, the rod requirement will remain the same. Different for 2020 will be a claim confirmation, an increased payout value and Dobyns pro staff position offers.
“I don’t want to add a lot of rules, I just want to make sure it is fair to everyone, easy to participate in and it continues appreciation for the anglers that started the WWBT with our rods and continue to fish them,” added Dobyns.
DOBYNS RODS CONTINGENCY OUTLINE
Pro: 6 Dobyns Rods in the boat
Am: 4 Dobyns Rods in the boat
Teams: 6 Dobyns Rods in the boat (combined between both anglers)
To claim the Dobyns Rods contingency, anglers will be required to have a boat check confirming the required rods on board at the event, by a listed Dobyns Rods staffer at weigh-in.
- Highest confirmed angler or team at each weigh-in will receive the following.
- $1000 in product (retail pricing) to highest finishing Pro in every Pro/Am event and year-end championship that is confirmed at weigh-in
- $1000 in product (retail pricing) to highest finishing AM in every Pro/Am event and year-end championship that is confirmed at weigh-in
- $1000 in product (retail pricing) to highest finishing Team in every Arizona Team event and year-end championship that is confirmed at weigh-in
- $1000 in product (retail pricing) to highest finishing Team in every California Team event and year-end championship that is confirmed at weigh-in
- Kayak payout to be announced in February 2020
Dobyns Rods Pro Staff positions will be offered to each of the following:
- Pro AOY
- Am AOY
- AZ Team AOY’s
- CA Team AOY’s
- Kayak AOY
- The Dobyns Rods payout will be $1000 in product at retail cost. If the beneficiary orders more than the $1000, they will be required to pay the balance.
- Example #1: 9 Fury rods will retail at $1080, so an angler would owe $80 or they could order 8 Fury’s and the balance in Dobyns baits or apparel.
- Example #2: An angler could order 2 Xtasy rods at $550 each for $1100, so they’d owe $100.
- Anglers will be responsible for shipping.
- Anglers must order the $1000 of product at one time. No carry over will be granted.
- It is the angler or team’s responsibility to locate one of the event’s listed Dobyns staffers for a boat check to confirm the required Dobyns Rods.
- A confirmation by the Dobyns staffer must be obtained at the weigh-in or the payout will go to the next highest confirmed angler or team.
- If a contingency winner has the Dobyns Rods; but is not confirmed by a listed Dobyns Rods staffer, the contingency is forfeited and the next highest finisher that does get the confirmed boat check for required rods, by a listed Dobyns Rods staffer will be paid.
- Listed Dobyns Rods staffers will be announced prior to each event.
DOBYNS RODS CONFIRMATION PRO STAFFERS
Other staffers may be added and announced prior to any event.
- Gary Dobyns
- Richard Dobyns
- Tony Franceschi
- Bryant Smith
- Jim Elliott
- James Avalos
- Carl Keller
- Tai Au
- Justin Evans
- Mike Nichelini
- Ken Sauret
- Jim Novotny
- Tony Zanotelli
- Jimmy Savoini
- Richard Witt
- Marty Lawrence
- Tommy Jonovich
- Jesse Martin
- Mike Frederick
- Travis Gonsalves
- David Burns
- Michael Perry
- Ben Green