The NPAA Board of Directors has voted to cancel the 2021 NPAA Annual Conference, originally scheduled to be held on October 20-22 in Sandusky, Ohio at the Kalahari Resort and Conventions.
This difficult decision was made as a result recent surges in COVID-19 cases throughout the U.S. over the past several weeks, which have included a significant percentage of breakthrough cases involving vaccinated individuals. The health and safety of members, partners, and conference guests weighed heavily in the final decision to cancel the Conference.
“It became apparent pretty quickly that concerns over COVID-19 were taking a toll on the pre-registration rate we saw with our members. Our partner support for the event remained strong, but we were alerted to partners who may be forced to pull out of our event due to corporate COVID related travel restrictions,” said Patrick Neu, NPAA President. “Nearly a year and a half of planning has gone into this year’s event and having to cancel it is beyond disappointing.”
The NPAA Conference is an annual event packed with educational seminars, networking opportunities, and product demonstrations. NPAA members and partners look forward to attending each year, and the cancelation of this event is sure to be a disappointment to many.
“The Annual Conference is our premier event,” NPAA Board Chairman Brian Bashore commented. “It is a key component to our platform, which exists to help our members understand and run a successful angling business. Canceling the event is tough to take, but given the circumstances there was really no other choice.”
The NPAA would like to thank those who pre-registered for the Conference, and will begin processing full refunds immediately. Here are a few notes for registered attendees:
- It may take up to seven business days for reimbursement to appear on your bank or credit card statement.
- If you have made room reservations at the Kalahari, or any other hotel in the area, please remember to reach out to the facility to cancel your rooms ASAP.
- Kalahari guests must cancel their reservations individually. A full refund will be issued for all cancelations executed by 9/20/21. Reservations can be canceled by:
- Utilizing the original on-line booking link: https://book.passkey.com/e/50154184
- Calling the reservation office at 877-525-2427
- If any attendee wishes to maintain their Kalahari reservation, they can do so and still take advantage of the group rate they booked.
“The NPAA Board of Directors extends the upmost gratitude to partners, speakers, and registered attendees,” said Neu. “We look forward to the potential of once again having an in-person conference when we can finally put COVID-19 concerns in the rearview mirror. Thank you for your support, stay healthy, and enjoy the sport we all love so dearly!”