The five big bass catchers of the second round, each winning $2,000, included: Pro Gary Boyd of Reseda, 3.66 pounds; AAA Arnold Avalos of Palmdale, 3.00; Pro Tom Lowery of San Diego, 2.89; AAA Mika Suzuki of Japan, 2.78; and Pro Jon Strelic of Alpine, 2.74.
Pro Standings on Day 2
Name Hometown Fish Big Fish Total
1. Clifford Pirch Payson AZ 9 3.44 19.37
2. John Kerr Ramona CA 10 2.42 18.34
3. Gary Dobyns Yuba City CA 10 2.27 17.31
4. Pat Clement Anderson CA 10 16.51
5. Rich Iannolo Menifee CA 9 2.12 15.50
6. Scott Nielsen Salt Lake City UT 10 15.40
7. Jon Strelic Alpine CA 10 2.74 15.17
8. Byron Velvick Boulder City NV 10 14.99
9. Mark Kile Payson AZ 10 14.87
10. Roy Hawk Salt Lake City UT 10 2.21 14.46
AAA Standings on Day 2
1. Edward Gavin II St. George UT 10 2.46 16.27
2. George Thiel Banning CA 10 16.09
3. Ben Andreas Las Vegas NV 10 15.12
4. Grady Garrison Norco CA 9 14.42
5. Ronald Cross Pahrump NV 10 14.13
6. John Senterfitt Bonsall CA 10 13.80
7. Jun Yada Japan 9 13.76
8. Steven Grier Salinas CA 8 13.74
9. Mika Suzuki Japan 7 2.78 13.60
10. Megumi Takagi Japan 8 13.58
FINAL ROUND DUE WEDNESDAY
The U.S. Open continues on with the final round on Wednesday, staged out of Callville Bay Resort on Lake Mead. The Open features a top Pro prize of over $100,000 including $50,000 cash plus a Ford Truck and fully-equipped Ranger bass boat with a Mercury outboard, Lowrance electronics, MotorGuide trolling motor and Trojan batteries. The AAA winner receives $10,000. Each day the largest stringer is worth $2,500 to the Pro/AAA pairing, while $2,000 is given each day for the 5 largest bass.
WON BASS Miller High Life tournaments are sponsored by Ranger boats and trailers, Mercury outboards, Daiwa rods and reels, Miller Brewing Co., Quantum rods and reels, MotorGuide trolling motors, Ford Dealers of Southern California, El Cajon Ford, Kelly Tires, Berkley Trilene line and Frenzy lures, Lowrance Electronics, Trojan batteries, Luhr-Jensen lures, Owner Hooks/Cultiva Lures, Bass Weekly Radio KRLA 590AM, Lucky Craft lures, Angler’s Advantage Insurance Program, Plano Outdoor Products, Costa del Mar sunglasses, Leatherman tools, Matzuo lures, Kinami Baits, Mad Man lures, Banana Boat suncare products, Cargobat storage systems, Prolong Lubricants, Anglers Marine boat/tackle sales, The Outdoor Channel television network, Zeiss binoculars, Water Gremlin sinkers, Bassfan.com, Zipper Worms, Extra Edge Products, Yamamoto Custom Baits, Mojo Lure Co., Strike Pro USA, Rebel lures, Heddon lures, Bomber lures and Excalibur lures.
For more information and tournament results, see the Internet at www.wonbass.com or contact WON BASS, P.O. Box 73370, 185 Avenida La Pata, San Clemente, CA 92673; (949) 366-0030, ext. 38.