Yamaha Seeks Propeller Product/Information Specialist
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Gathers competitive product/market information and performs competitive analyses for YMC and/or YMUS, including arranging and hosting OEM and dealer survey trips.
- Works with YMUS and YMC product development divisions to gather, vet, organize, display, and update propeller product information for internal Yamaha and external (customer) use.
- Assists in the development of new propellers, including product planning, MTP duties, and vendor interaction.
- Interfaces with YMUS product development, service, sales, training, dealer network, and others to determine needs and direction of Yamaha propellers, including product line-up, training, and product information.
- Vets all product information/assures accuracy. Assembles and conducts new product introductions, including media presentations.
- Develops and conducts internal and external product training. Conducts educational seminars, including in-house, at dealerships, and other direct-to-consumer venues
- Assists Marketing with the development, vetting, and delivery of product messages. Assists with information and vetting related to marketing materials, print and electronic media, and product packaging. Works with marketing group to effectively develop content for social media.
- Develops and maximizes methods to integrate Yamaha propellers into dealerships and other possible retail outlets, maximizing existing product retail channels/platforms and assisting with the research and development of new ones.
- Assists with related product displays. Facilitates B2B and/or B2C propeller exposure, on-site messaging and/or training delivery at tournaments, consumer events, dealerships, etc.
- Assists Dealer network and sales department with propeller information and related sales needs. Assists DMM sales team and dealership management with on-site training.
- Identifies potential new propeller products/related areas of profit. Properly submits requests, and tracks (champions) submissions.
- Assists Operations/MRP teams with kitting set-up as a product expert.
- Integrates, works closely with, and backs up Yamaha Outboard, Systems, and Maintenance Product and Information Specialists and Product Planning and Information Manager in a team atmosphere as required.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills Requirements:
- BA / BS degree or equivalent professional experience in a related position required.
- Marketing, Training, and/or Product experience is strongly preferred. This includes message development and delivery.
- Must have related product use and application experience. Technical marine product/application knowledge and/or experience a plus.
- Cross-departmental, B2B, and/or B2C communication, education, and training experience required.
- Marine industry and/or marine dealership experience preferred. Boating background helpful.
- Must be analytical, proactive, and a self-starter.
- Must be able to take initiative and can excel without direct supervision.
- Proficient in MS Office (i.e., Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Approximately 25-30% travel, with short periods of heavy travel (i.e. boat shows, dealer meetings, consumer events, trainings and seminars, etc.).
- DEMONSTRATED ABILITY TO MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY IS A MUST!
Reports to: Manager – Marine Product Planning and Information.
Please send resumes with salary requirements to Brittney_Solis@yamaha-motor.com
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.