Casitas open for launching 1/26

Kelly Ripa

Casitas open for launching 1/26

Post by Kelly Ripa »

If you fish Casitas the first chance to launch on the water since the rains added 20+ feet to the lake will be Thursday 1/26 per the gate this afternoon. See you in line....Rip
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
WRB

Re: Casitas open for launching 1/26

Post by WRB »

How did it go?
Tom
fishndp

Post by fishndp »

Ha, U beat me to it Tom….
I was gonna ask the same thing :D
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

What caught me off guard was the water color. It's not really that bad at all. Water temps are 55 to start 57.5 at end of the day. Yes it is a jungle. It was tough launching and a tough retrieval as there is frick'n wood laying around every where. I have managed two fish but that is because I am still wrapping my head around the scene. It is a target rich environment now and it makes it more of a needle in a haystack thing. You really have to spend time on the water to get an understanding of the development of this year. Whatever you do think weedless and How am I going to get a fish through the morass I am fishing?.I am keeping perpendicular when shallow fishing as the fish seem to follow the pressure out of the situation. I have kept it simple/stupid for now but the hints are already there and baring another deluge the bite will just get better daily. Need to fish some more to get consistent but the two I did manage where healthy 3 pound fish.

Rip
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
pd

Post by pd »

Sounds just like Lopez. It’s a jungle, fish to be had but get ready to deal with a lot of junk. And bring a plunger to unplug your pisser.
fishndp

Post by fishndp »

Thanks Rip! 👍🏻
Trying to get out on the water this week.
I’ll start rigging up my weedless tackle (t-rig senko and ikas)