Clear Lake update, and Redbud news....

DanIsaac

Clear Lake update, and Redbud news....

Post by DanIsaac »

First, by this time tomorrow we will be at ZERO Rumsey, with flows at 5.1 cfs.
Missed my prediction by four days!

Second, as one recent article advises, anyone using any of the facilities on Clear Lake does so at their own risk. However, Redbud, 3rd and 5th street ramps in Lakeport, and the Clearlake Oaks ramps are all open and usable with caution. Some access ramps can be steep for sure, so BE CAREFUL walking down them. As far as Redbud is concerned, low water is low water at either end of the lake, so one does need to exercise caution. Personally, I try and use the center lanes. Keep your motor trimmed up, and I would avoid going between the outside buoy and the courtesy dock while idling out. ROCKS!
Redbud/Thompson Park has indeed had the outside lanes closed for months now, so that really is nothing new.

What is new, and is some long needed GOOD news, is that the bidding process is reported over, and contracts are being awarded for construction to begin on the $950,000 redo of Redbud Park and launching facilities. New extended docks, dredging, new courtesy dock with slips, along with all new pavement, striping and security lighting. The timeline is still a bit unclear but it looks like it should be completed by mid-October from what we are being told.

You ask how? Well, The City of Clearlake was awarded close to $950,000 in grant monies from the Dept. of Waterways, and in this case it looks like the drought will actually help as the low water is going to allow better access to the docks and the dredging areas etc. etc. etc.

Once construction begins we are told 2-4 weeks for completion weather permitting, and once completed, if the renderings are even close, it will be one of the nicest facilities on the lake.
Attachments
IMG_0018.jpg
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
BigWorm

Re: Clear Lake update, and Redbud news....

Post by BigWorm »

So will the launch area be closed during construction?
DanIsaac

Re: Clear Lake update, and Redbud news....

Post by DanIsaac »

my guess would be yes at this point. Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com