UPDATE: World Record Largemouth Location on Ebay

WB Staff

UPDATE: World Record Largemouth Location on Ebay

Post by WB Staff »

Written by Ken Duke FTR

For as long as anglers have sought a place in the record books, they’ve looked for shortcuts. Reports of record-class fish in Southern California in the early 1970s started a rush of record chasers to that area. Before that it was Florida and Cuba, where rumors of giant largemouth still pop up occasionally.

More recently, the search has gone to the Far East with a new record largemouth (22 pounds, 4.97 ounces — officially tying the longstanding record from Georgia) coming from Japan in 2009.

But with technology, the search has now shifted to … eBay?

Yesterday this listing hit the pages of the giant online flea market:

AD READS:

World Record LargeMouth Bass Location Information
This Listing Is for Confidential information Regarding The World Record Large Mouth Bass, Including the Name and Location of the lake it was seen in, as well as the Coordinates. Catching and any other needs with this fish and this information are up to you. Information will be sent via Email, immediately following your payment. This information is being kept confidential and goes only to the buyer, who must also keep this information confidential. This information in itself is highly Valuable, The fish itself has been rumored to be worth millions, i have no knowledge as to what it would take to catch this fish nor do i have the rods and reels to do so all i have is the information as to where the fish is located. Thank you and have a great day.

Ken contacted the seller and has posted the responses. Read his entire story here: http://fishingtackleretailer.com/in-sea ... #more-9524

Anybody going to bid?
650.jpg
bayscotter

Re: World Record Largemouth Location on Ebay

Post by bayscotter »

Stay off my water
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

Jalisco Lake, Texas....google map the location for free.
Tom
g-man

Post by g-man »

unless i read it wrong how could hundreds of boats fish a NO boat access area?

Regards thats some funny chit!
100% LL
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Price reduction!
From $1,000 to $120 start bid.
Only a day and 1/2 left, if any one is on the fence.
ebay.jpg
george

Re: UPDATE: World Record Largemouth Location on Ebay

Post by george »

OK guys, who wants to go in with me on this one? The bid is at $125 so if we can get ten of us to go $15 each I think we can buy it for $150. With that being said I will set up and pay for a trip and go fish this location and if and when I catch this fabled creature and break the world record I will triple your investment back along with giving each of you a great big sponsor package from all of my new found product companies .
Come on folks, I know there are people out there that have bought the "Helicopter Lures" and the "Flying Lures" and that fishing rod that folds up and fits in your glove box so whats $15 for a chance at a world record.
I know there has to be a few of you that have bought those $2051 near new Ranger 520's off of Craigs List and sent your payment in so whats the worry!

Only $15 plus shipping, handling and administration fees ($49.99) total. Please get back to me asap as we only have about 24 hours left! lol

George
Bass Pro Shopper

Re: UPDATE: World Record Largemouth Location on Ebay

Post by Bass Pro Shopper »

Fishing is not a matter of life or death.
It's more serious than that!