Clearlake Crappie Tournament 100% Payout

bassn

Clearlake Crappie Tournament 100% Payout

Post by bassn »

We are conducting our first of four events, which will take place on Jan. 26, 2019, at the Clearlake Oaks Boat Ramp. This will be a 100% payout of all entry fess, and is limited to the first 50 boats. This will be a two-person team event. This is a boat only event, minimum of 9.9 hp; no float tubes or kayaks. Ten fish limit, 12 inch minimum size, and no dead fish will be weighed. Live bait and artificial lures permitted. All fish will be released back into the lake. This will be a professional event, and will be conducted just like a professional bass event. For more information contact Limit Out Bait and Tackle 707-998-1006, or Tournament Director Ed Legan 702-497-8938.
Crappie Flyer
Crappie Flyer
fishracing

Re: Clearlake Crappie Tournament 100% Payout

Post by fishracing »

This is going to be so much fun. My father and I are going to enter. We are all in. I have only fished for crappie in the spring and did real well. I know it has a great winter time bite. lets get more interest, a great way to get kids interested in fishing and tournaments.
bassn

Post by bassn »

Looking forward to meeting you and your Dad. This is going to be a blast. Feel free to post any question or call me at 702-497-8938
Thanks
Ed Legan
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Clear Lake could very well be the best Crappie lake in the USA. I've had a blast the last 2 years going to Clear Lake strictly to Crappie fish. The numbers you catch in a day is crazy, plus they're big!!! I've had so much fun doing this I built a Crappie jigging rod for it. I hope to play in a couple of these events. Win, lose, or draw it'll be a blast.
fishracing

Post by fishracing »

Thanks, How about a link to the rod you were talking about.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[quote="fishracing"]Thanks, How about a link to the rod you were talking about.[/quote]

I haven't introduced these yet. I've been fishing with them for over a year doing my testing as always. I have some in the office here but most are on their way over now.

It'll be a Colt Series CL 601SF. It's a 6 foot 1 power spinning rod. I built it in several lengths but after testing I'll only offer the 6 footer. It's simply balanced better and feels better than the other lengths.

Thanks!!!
fishracing

Post by fishracing »

Thanks for the info Gary
goodwin clint

Post by goodwin clint »

Wow what a great derby from Fishermans Warehouse Limit Out Bait and Tackle and Ed Legan....Wish you guys the best in the future with your other tourneys..My brother Mike and I just wanted to pass on to all the teams that want to fish this tourney you are getting the best tournament director of all time...We fished Ed's tourneys in Arizona for many years and no one ever came close to run events like him and his wife Debbie did for years.Good luck to all teams.
bassn

Post by bassn »

Clint,
Thanks for the compliment. Wish you and Mike "the Dominator" could fish this. You guys were always the team to beat. Can't wait for this to take off. Low entry fee's and 100% payout; this is going to be a blast. For those who are wanting to enter please call Limit Out Bait and Tackle at 707-998-1006. This is limited to the first 50 teams. We are planning a total of four events this year with a super team event in Late April.
Ed Legan
Clearlake Crappie Association
702-497-8938
bassn

Post by bassn »

Looking forward to our first event; we have 30 teams signed up and could fill by the end of the month. Latest report crappie fishing is great and will only get by the end of January. If you're thinking of signing up you can call Limit Out 707-998-1006. Official off limits; Friday January 25th, no boats on the water. We will have registration Friday at Limit Out from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm; if you can't make this meeting, call the store for your boat number. Our next event is planned for Febuary 23rd, out of Lakeport.
Clearlake Crappie Association
Ed Legan
702-497-8938
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

If you need some crappie tips before the event, here's one way to get 'em...

click here for info: post611126.html#p611126

bassn

Post by bassn »

Bump
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Here is a secret spot for whoever can get to it first..........Sea Breeze resort in Glenhaven has some of the best wintertime SLAB fishing around. We owned that place in the 70's and it is almost 100 years old now. Get in good and tight to the pilings drop down ...remember on that bass tournament hookset.... papermouths :mrgreen:
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Just in time for the Clear Lake Crappie Tourney...

Bobby Barrack's Crappie Week:

bassn

Post by bassn »

I would like to thank everyone that entered this event. We have a full field, and the weather is looking great, 64 degrees and light winds. We will have a bar-b-que and registration Friday from 3:00 to 6:00 pm at Limit Out Bait and Tackle. You need to make this if you can, so you can recieve your boat number, weigh bag and sponsor gift. Those that can't make it, we will have registration from 6:00 am to 7:30 Saturday morning at Limit Out Bait and Tackle; we will also have coffe and donuts for you. Make it quick; we have 50 boats to launch and we will be at the ramp at 6:15. We need all boats launched by 7:45, as blast off starts at 8:00 sharp; no delays. Weigh in will start with the first flight at 2:00 pm, second flight 2:20 and third flight 2:40. We have some great sponsor gifts (rods, reels, etc.) that will be given out in a drawing during the awards, so be sure to stick around; you must be present to win.
Entry forms will be available for the next tournament, to be held on February 23rd, right after this event. Starting the next day, January 27th, you can sign up at Clearlake Outdoors 707-262-5852 or Lakeport Bait and Tackle 707-900-5101.
If you have any questions please call Ed Legan at 702-497-8938, and be sure to check out the "Clear Lake Crappie Association" Facebook page.
REMEMBER, FRIDAY IS OFF LIMITS! We look forward to seeing you at the registration/bar-b-que.
"Win,Lose or Draw this will be a BLAST"
Good luck to all...
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Depth, Speed, Food, Color.... Clear Lake Winter Crappie Fishing Tips with Bobby Barrack for the event

WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

More on Clear Lake Winter Crappie with Bobby Barrack