Using Navionics to Find Roadbeds

ttb31183

Using Navionics to Find Roadbeds

Post by ttb31183 »

I'm sure many of you use Google Earth to find humps, backwaters and roadbeds. They show up pretty easily especially with the time feature that allows you to scroll through low water times. You can also do this with your Navionics Platinum card (it's also $30 off right now by the way) because it has satellite overlay.

I like to play with the transparency on my Lowrance Carbons to get a better picture of humps and roadbeds. You can see here on Banks Lake in Washington what you can find. The places where a road seems to run right into the lake are most often old roads. Not always the case as some are access points to campsites, but it does narrow your search. You can also see ridges and humps in other areas.

Tyler Brinks
Charles

Re: Using Navionics to Find Roadbeds

Post by Charles »

My satellite overlay doesn't work once I Get more than about 100 miles inland. Is the overlay supposed to work anywhere in the country?
ttb31183

Re: Using Navionics to Find Roadbeds

Post by ttb31183 »

My satellite overlay doesn't work once I Get more than about 100 miles inland. Is the overlay supposed to work anywhere in the country?
Hi Charles,

Sat overlay works on quite a few lakes, but not all of them. I know the lakes called HD Lakes have it around me and you can see that list here: https://d2wb2wm9dm62ai.cloudfront.net/m ... keList.pdf
Tyler Brinks