mapweb.jpg
MichaelB

Re: Delta Restrictions Update March 27

Post by MichaelB »

Looks like the same map, now dated March 27
monte300

Post by monte300 »

They should make bass boats exempt from restriction it’s deep v boats like cabin cruisers and wakeboard boats that throw the big wakes
Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie »

From what I remember, the levees were breeching because of the Chinese Mitten crab undermining the levees. When the larger ships heading to Stockton and Sacramento emptied their bilges the infestations began. Did they eradicate them from the delta? This could be the reason for restriction as the undulating action against the levee from wakes contributes to the weakening. But, my feeling is these high winds causing constant pounding is more of a critical factor. So, is the mitten crab still a problem the State doesn't want to address? Thank God we don't have the silver/asian carp problem............YET.
TL
FE
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Speaking of invasive species are nutria taking hold in the Delta? I hardly ever see a beaver anymore.
CBS

Post by CBS »

So is everything North of Mandeville open???
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

CBS wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:23 am So is everything North of Mandeville open???
Everything in Contra Costa County is open.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

MichaelB wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:50 pm
CBS wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:23 am So is everything North of Mandeville open???
Mike, what if the County line runs down the middle of the river?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

mark poulson wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:43 pm
MichaelB wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:50 pm
Mike, what if the County line runs down the middle of the river?
Mark: Only you would worry about this.
marinerfandave

Post by marinerfandave »

Not just Mark, how would DFG look at that? Nobody wants to get written up by trying to split hairs and "interpret" what they mean. They are the ones that hold the cards, I think his question is a good one.
JVGondal

Post by JVGondal »

Where does the county line run down the middle of the river at?
CBS

Post by CBS »

If you pull up a map of Contra Costa County the Eastern border runs right down Old River...
Louie

Post by Louie »

https://dbw.parks.ca.gov/pages/28702/im ... .28.23.jpg

Here is the updated map. Looks like restrictions only on San Joaquin now. The link below is main page where maps are located.

https://dbw.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=28833
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Louie wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:10 am https://dbw.parks.ca.gov/pages/28702/im ... .28.23.jpg

Here is the updated map. Looks like restrictions only on San Joaquin now. The link below is main page where maps are located.

https://dbw.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=28833
Thanks Louie. I confirmed with the folks at Whiskey Slough that there are no longer restrictions there.
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

marinerfandave wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:35 am Not just Mark, how would DFG look at that? Nobody wants to get written up by trying to split hairs and "interpret" what they mean. They are the ones that hold the cards, I think his question is a good one.
First off MarinerDave, I know Poulson fairly well. Sure coming from me he was not "offended"
To your point, the County Line would run down the original channel of the river. One bank is Contra Costa County. The other bank is San Joaquin County. If you are in the middle of the "river" you have a point. FYI: DFG is not enforcing the closures, SJ County Sheriffs Dept would be. This is all mute at this point ...... most of the restrictions were just dropped
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

Fast Eddie wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:09 am From what I remember, the levees were breeching because of the Chinese Mitten crab undermining the levees. When the larger ships heading to Stockton and Sacramento emptied their bilges the infestations began. Did they eradicate them from the delta? This could be the reason for restriction as the undulating action against the levee from wakes contributes to the weakening. But, my feeling is these high winds causing constant pounding is more of a critical factor. So, is the mitten crab still a problem the State doesn't want to address? Thank God we don't have the silver/asian carp problem............YET.
TL
FE
No it’s because of all the water that is coming down the river system.. very high water levels .. last week it was 36,000 cfs and more coming..